The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 201
    Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    I get wood for necks in various dimensions, and I always try to get the best possible yield from every board - kinda funny, though - sometimes I go nuts trying to waste the least amount of wood, but I spend a lot of time figuring it out - efficient material-wise, but maybe not so efficient time-wise : )
    Attachment 106660
    Very cool - I don’t know, your train seems to always run on time.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Of course this is only my opinion.
    I am a proud owner of a MCampellone guitar and I chose wisely..

Save material, waste time, is the wiser scenario as far as I am concerned.
    The days of abundance of material are far gone, sadly.
    Time is a commodity to be traded as needed, by the needs of the business.
    Taking your time to get the most out of something, especially valuable material seems plenty reasonable.
    And still, the train always seems runs on time!! Yes Vin..

I get wood for necks in various dimensions, and I always try to get the best possible yield from every board - kinda funny, though - sometimes I go nuts trying to waste the least amount of wood, but I spend a lot of time figuring it out - efficient material-wise, but maybe not so efficient time-wise : )
    Attachment 106660

User Info Menu

Attachment 106660
    It’s so difficult letting beautiful wood go to waste. I’ve started spending far too long wondering what grain pattern to template over on a board, before I make my veneers.

I thought that was going to be the fun bit but it feels more like deciding which limb I need the least. Somethings gotta get cut off.

User Info Menu

I hadn't heard of Campellone before I started lurking on this forum, but after seeing incredible picture after incredible picture, I am sorely tempted to try to get added to the wait list for the wait list, even though I'm more than set in the archtop department.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Wow! So happy for you. I've wanted one for a long time!

Top and back plates.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1772-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1771-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1770-jpeg

User Info Menu

Top and back plates.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1772-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1771-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1770-jpeg
    Reminds me of a line from one of Garrison Keilor's "Guy Noir" sketches:
    "She was wearing a sweater so tight I could hardly breathe."
    These shots are making it hard to breathe.

Rim wood and piece for the pickguard that was left over from the back.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_0424-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_0425-jpeg

User Info Menu

Vinny,
    It must be rewarding to be able to see your masterpiece being built, piece by perfect piece.
    You deserve it bro. You did it right. And you really got a great friend in Mark. Everything top notch in every way.
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Vinny,
    It must be rewarding to be able to see your masterpiece being built, piece by perfect piece.
    You deserve it bro. You did it right. And you really got a great friend in Mark. Everything top notch in every way.
    JD
    Mark knows me well. Even though I am going with a floater this time he braced it for a humbucker just in case I change my mind.

User Info Menu

Mark knows me well. Even though I am going with a floater this time he braced it for a humbucker just in case I change my mind.
    I did wonder. Wise choice. And of course your “hump”.

Rim shots. Soon we will have a box.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1777-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1775-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1776-jpeg

User Info Menu

Each step in this build is a work of art!

Nice tone coffin. Next some binding.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1871-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1870-jpeg

User Info Menu

Wow Vin, you can see the rays on the spruce, without any finish on the guitar.
    This is gonna be the one..
    I am seriously happy for you bro.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaco1
    Pretty sure I've got a Cameo in that batch as well, mine will be Blueburst....
    My Purple Campellone and his 100 year old plum toned buddy heartily agree!

...and thanks Vinny for allowing Mark to show us how it's done.. spectacular craftsmanship is something I do not possess.. I just drew blood twice changing mandolin strings!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-plumpals-jpg 

Let the binding begin.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1781-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1780-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1779-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1778-jpeg

User Info Menu

That binding detail is surgery work for sure. Skill hands are needed and plenty of confidence does not hurt.

The hump

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_0378-jpeg

User Info Menu

I've seen some pretty cool things today, and then I get to see this! How nice to feast our eyes on the creation of a masterpiece archtop! Puts a big smile on my face. Thanks for the update Vinny. It's a joy to behold.

User Info Menu

Excitement is building..
    Looking good bro.
    JD

It always kind of amazes me how binding is basically melted on.
    Mark uses a mixture of glue and acetone but in days of old it was just acetone.

User Info Menu

Well Vinnie, if mine (the blue burst Cameo) looks anything like yours we'll both have to celebrate!

User Info Menu

I celebrate my Blueburst Cameo every day. You will have no reason not to celebrate!

User Info Menu

It always kind of amazes me how binding is basically melted on.
    Mark uses a mixture of glue and acetone but in days of old it was just acetone.
    Yeah, ya know bro I noticed that as I am sure everyone else has and I kept telling myself all of that gets sanded off.
    It takes balls to see your guitar being built, piece by piece. Balls I don’t have. I would rather not know what goes into it. I’d be staring at that spot constantly hoping the stain doesn’t reappear.
    What amazes me is all the extra work that goes into the crump.
    I’m happy for you bro. You are getting your cameo. It’s going to be amazing.
    JD