The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 64 of 64

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone View Post
    .......and just for fun, here are some shots of my first archtop build - 1988.
    Wow! First Campellone archtop - I'm gonna suggest that should go in the Smithsonian someday.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

...and it sounds / plays great.

Attached Images Attached Images Campellone Picture thread-img_6572-copy-jpg 

User Info Menu

Great pic of my hero.

User Info Menu

No offense to anyone, but i'm still convinced that my Special is the most beautiful Campellone on the planet :-). And maybe the best sounding too ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57 View Post
    That’s a BIG BOY. Did you build that one around the time of the BLUE?
    As a matter of fact, yes - both the 18" in the pic and the Chinery blue guitar were competed towards the end of 1995.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr690 View Post
    My 1996 Deluxe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that a Shadow Zoller pickup? Can you describe the sound?

User Info Menu

I received mine from Mark in September ‘22. It’s a 17” Custom Standard in Dark Cherry Burst. It has a one off custom “Deluxe” tailpiece. Originally it came to me with a floating Biltoft CC and thumbwheel controls. Mark later installed 250k pots and putting the controls on the pickguard was necessary. I also asked him to make me a second pickguard and pickup assembly with a floating Lollar Gold Foil. He installed an RCA jack to make changing out the pickups easy. Both pickups sound great. Right now I’m favoring the CC. The guitar is flawless and plays and sounds incredible.

Campellone Picture thread-img_1094-jpegCampellone Picture thread-img_1092-jpegCampellone Picture thread-img_3206-jpgCampellone Picture thread-img_1158-jpgCampellone Picture thread-img_3210-jpgCampellone Picture thread-img_1212-jpgCampellone Picture thread-img_3671-jpg

User Info Menu

Haven't seen any Campellone EPs yet, so here's mine from 2023. I don't think he made many of these. 15" laminate body with solid carved top.
    This one has several custom features....

Campellone Picture thread-img_8025-scaled-jpeg
    Campellone Picture thread-img_8053-scaled-jpeg
    Campellone Picture thread-img_4451-jpg

User Info Menu

I have an 18 inch blond acoustic Campellone. I'm thinking about electrifying it.

It's rather plain with no bling, but it's beautiful. It has a rosewood fingerboard and an extra wide nut. I think the original owner wanted it for finger style playing.

Campellone Picture thread-2015-10-15-05-17-31-jpgCampellone Picture thread-2015-10-19-03-46-40-jpgCampellone Picture thread-2015-10-19-03-50-02-jpg

User Info Menu

Keith can shed light on Bluedawg's 18" Campellone, because this guitar, along with three other Campellones made for the original owner over a period of a few years, was ordered through Murch Music. I had the opportunity to play it on a couple of occasions prior to its sale, and it's very much built to be an acoustic archtop. X-braced. Maybe has rims a bit deeper than 3", IIRC. I have one from this group as well, a 17", as shown below. Mine is parallel braced, with 3 1/4" rims. I believe they were all ordered with extra-wide necks, rosewood trim, and no pickguards.

Attached Images Attached Images Campellone Picture thread-campellone-17-oval-hole-amberburst-2-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 04-27-2024 at 02:52 PM.

User Info Menu

Campellone Picture thread-img_1305-jpgCampellone Picture thread-img_0022-jpgCampellone Picture thread-img_0403-jpgCampellone Picture thread-img_0514-jpg

User Info Menu

That's some good ribbon candy there! Sweet!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone View Post
    Keith can shed light on Bluedawg's 18" Campellone, because this guitar, along with three other Campellones made for the original owner over a period of a few years, was ordered through Murch Music. I had the opportunity to play it on a couple of occasions prior to its sale, and it's very much built to be an acoustic archtop. I have one from this group as well, a 17", as shown below. IIRC, they were all ordered with extra-wide necks, rosewood trim, and no pickguards.
    Yes, I remember that guitar, along with Hammertone’s oval hole model. I do recall that the original owner ordered his collection of Campellones with unusual features (an oval hole, a non-cut with no inlays, etc.) Other than that, I can’t remember much more about Bluedawg’s 18” one.
    Keith

User Info Menu

You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves! I already have very nice guitars, but those are all so beautiful and I’m getting a little gassy. Please, please - no more pictures!