The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posts 151 to 166 of 166

User Info Menu

Mark, you are a brilliant, absolute elite level luthier. We are really blessed to have you here.

Funny thing about Carmines.. it wasn’t named after the chef or even the owner.. it’s not even run by Italians.
    The restaurant was the brainchild of a Jewish businessman in Harlem who while in the market for a catchy name for the restaurant, named it after a hall of fame harness racing jockey named Carmine Abbatiello. I know this for a fact because Carmine was my old bosses best friend.
    I spoke to the head chef of Carmines, the guy who wrote the cookbook. He told me he cooks the artichokes completely submerged in chicken stock. Not elevated and steamed in a big pot of boiling plain water like my mom taught me.
    I don’t believe that is in the cookbook…
    JD

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405 View Post
    Mark, you are a brilliant, absolute elite level luthier. We are really blessed to have you here.

Funny thing about Carmines.. it wasn’t named after the chef or even the owner.. it’s not even run by Italians.
    The restaurant was the brainchild of a Jewish businessman in Harlem who while in the market for a catchy name for the restaurant, named it after a hall of fame harness racing jockey named Carmine Abbatiello. I know this for a fact because Carmine was my old bosses best friend.
    I spoke to the head chef of Carmines, the guy who wrote the cookbook. He told me he cooks the artichokes completely submerged in chicken stock. Not elevated and steamed in a big pot of boiling plain water like my mom taught me.
    I don’t believe that is in the cookbook…
    JD
    Now that’s the info I’m looking for! Does he then hit then with the broiler after some pecorino (or parm) and breadcrumbs go on top? Or maybe they’ve roasted for a while first with some butter and white wine? The next Campellone batch begins

I’m trying to reverse engineer your picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k View Post
    Mark forgot that pic
    Ooops - here's the back shot of the Cameo -
    The next Campellone batch begins-img_8637-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone View Post
    Ooops - here's the back shot of the Cameo -
    The next Campellone batch begins-img_8637-jpg
    Absolutely gorgeous Mark!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405 View Post

Those guitars look absolutely heavenly... breathtaking.

Max – have you tried Gennaro's? Just a few blocks away, on Amsterdam?

User Info Menu

A Non Cutaway Special with Rosewood accents. Now that’s truly “Special!”

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaybill View Post
    Very nice, but where's the back of the Cameo?

Love that non-cutaway, that's the rosewood fingerboard, right?
    Right, the non-cut 17" has the Brazilian rosewood appointments - I should be doing a 16" non-cut w/rosewood for the same customer some time next year.

User Info Menu

It's so nice to see a non-cutaway. I'm so nostalgic!
    Greg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57 View Post
    It's so nice to see a non-cutaway. I'm so nostalgic!
    Greg
    Ha - here's some more nostalgia for you - the non-cut Special Series demo guitar I keep at home - a throw-back to the orchestral guitar era - incredible back on this one : )

The next Campellone batch begins-img_3231_1-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-img_3238_1-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone View Post
    Ha - here's some more nostalgia for you - the non-cut Special Series demo guitar I keep at home - a throw-back to the orchestral guitar era - incredible back on this one : )

The next Campellone batch begins-img_3231_1-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-img_3238_1-jpg
    I saw Doyle Dykes playing that guitar on YouTube in your shop being super impressed. Total Bengal Tiger.

User Info Menu

MARK! I had a 'took my breath away' moment when my eyes 1st saw that. Drop. Dead. Gorgeous!
    Greg

User Info Menu

Thanks for the links, Vin! I'm a DD fan. I got to see him up close once, at a local, small music store, when he was doing clinics for Taylor. Amazing player and the video shows it's not just a 'do 1-thing' instrument!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57 View Post
    Thanks for the links, Vin! I'm a DD fan. I got to see him up close once, at a local, small music store, when he was doing clinics for Taylor. Amazing player and the video shows it's not just a 'do 1-thing' instrument!

+1 …..I am huge Doyle fan.

User Info Menu

Wow! Lovely white-blonde. It will age so gracefully. Enjoy.

User Info Menu

Wow! Thanks for sharing, Mark.