Tops

The next Campellone batch begins-img_0361-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Plates carved

The next Campellone batch begins-img_0360-jpeg
    Aaaa... Scuzie me, What are these?

You are slipping Mark..
    Attached Images Attached Images The next Campellone batch begins-annotation-2023-07-31-140103-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Aaaa... Scuzie me, What are these?

You are slipping Mark..
    Ha! Not sure what those round white spots are, Joe - but there's a bunch of them and I can't clean them off!

I just had surgery and was laying there in the operating room thinking it looked just like Mark’s shop….well maybe almost as clean as his archtop operating room.

User Info Menu

Seeing as there are 66 guys ahead of me on Mark's list and we see 6 guitars in progress (and I am hoping that there might be yet another batch that is further along), I am feeling encouraged!

User Info Menu

I just had surgery and was laying there in the operating room thinking it looked just like Mark’s shop….well maybe almost as clean as his archtop operating room.
    Rumors of my workshop being as clean as an operating room are greatly exaggerated!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Seeing as there are 66 guys ahead of me on Mark's list and we see 6 guitars in progress (and I am hoping that there might be yet another batch that is further along), I am feeling encouraged!
    Ha - unfortunately, there is no batch that is further along - I just work on one batch of six guitars at a time - and if I don't get off this computer and back down to the shop, I'll never get any work done (lol).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    I just had Mark put me down for a Cameo. I suppose that the next four years will fly by as quickly as the last four, but I should have had him add me in February when I first thought about it! One upside is that it seems less daunting to save $2500 per year.

Geez…..the popularity of the Cameo is really taking off.

User Info Menu

Shocking. The market could soon be flooded with a whole 10 of them!

Tops and backs complete

The next Campellone batch begins-6bdf5e27-1e11-4d90-8e80-d32ee3da6088-jpegThe next Campellone batch begins-72b5eb79-0241-4a0d-90d0-554da44fcd94-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    Ha - I guess Vinny has kinda become my honorary "PR" guy here on the forum : )
    Well, I'm inclined to send along some archival cotton gloves and face masks so Vinny doesn't drool over my woods!

User Info Menu

Hey, feel better Vinny! I just had surgery as well; a double laminectomy. Sucks getting old but it beats the alternative

Rim shots.

The next Campellone batch begins-a5cb7ab8-d5e6-4063-b9e8-2f913b759b55-jpegThe next Campellone batch begins-9e6994f0-b051-4c4b-8e40-d62c2f680d3f-jpeg

User Info Menu

JD,

I believe that when the wood is sublimely beautiful, it's hard to improve the appearance with burst, even Mark's burst. That's something that only you and your luthier will know.
    I know this.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    JD,

I believe that when the wood is sublimely beautiful, it's hard to improve the appearance with burst, even Mark's burst. That's something that only you and your luthier will know.
    I know this.

Steve
    Hey Steve shoot us a couple pics of your Special. Blondes do have more fun.

User Info Menu

Hey Sky,
    I’m glad its not me making the decision! I would change mind too many times and I’d be asked to leave!
    JD

User Info Menu

Hey Steve shoot us a couple pics of your Special. Blondes do have more fun.
    This guitar is at the top of my most loved worldly possessions list (Thank you Mark)..., please forgive the reflected light from my house plant on the back of the headstock behind me. I'm no 2B level photographer Vinny...,

The next Campellone batch begins-20230809_1454231-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-20230809_1455451-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-resized_20230809_145255-jpeg

Gorgeous Steve ! That one piece barber pole neck…..WOW !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    This guitar is at the top of my most loved worldly possessions list (Thank you Mark)..., please forgive the reflected light from my house plant on the back of the headstock behind me. I'm no 2B level photographer Vinny...,

The next Campellone batch begins-20230809_1454231-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-20230809_1455451-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-resized_20230809_145255-jpeg
    This literally took my breath away.

User Info Menu

I love a flamey one-piece neck. I specifically requested that when I ordered my Special (mine is “traditional sunburst”).
    Keith
    The next Campellone batch begins-img_0993_original-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    I love a flamey one-piece neck. I specifically requested that when I ordered my Special (mine is “traditional sunburst”).
    Keith
    The next Campellone batch begins-img_0993_original-jpg

I've seen so many of Mark's finishes but that's easily my favorite, looks like a late 50s Gibson sunburst
    Nice one Keith!

User Info Menu

Me too! Beautiful. I was on the verge of saying that myself. I think Vinny has a Special with that finish, or similar. Stunning!

Mine is dark cherry sunburst

The next Campellone batch begins-img_0397-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-img_0410-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-img_0411-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-img_0399-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-img_0403-jpgThe next Campellone batch begins-img_0402-jpg