The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29
    Best overdrive for Modern jazz sound? (aka Kurt Rosenwinkel)-honeybeeod-jpg
    When I want a little grit -or more- (I usually love clean and round tone, love Pasquale Grasso tone, love Julian Lage apparently clean tone, idolize Bill Frisell use of pedals, but everyone has different moments).

I Use the Bearfoot FX Honey Bee Overdrive. From some Sco to Steely Dan's "Reelin in The Years".
    Santi

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by santilomonaco
    Best overdrive for Modern jazz sound? (aka Kurt Rosenwinkel)-honeybeeod-jpg
    When I want a little grit -or more- (I usually love clean and round tone, love Pasquale Grasso tone, love Julian Lage apparently clean tone, idolize Bill Frisell use of pedals, but everyone has different moments).

I Use the Bearfoot FX Honey Bee Overdrive. From some Sco to Steely Dan's "Reelin in The Years".
    Santi
    This one of my all time favorite Overdrives. I actually prefer the Uber Bee version , which is the same but with an added treble control. These stack well with just about any other overdrive for a smoother Dumble like tone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    I love the 00’s Kurt tone.
    Your's ain't bad either mate! Great stuff. Really good. Is there any style you can't play?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JonasPaulsen
    What would the primary difference between a JRAD Blue note and JRAD The dude be?
    The Blue Note is actually a Tube Screamer derivative, note: it does NOT sound like a TS, that's just where they started. It's a fantastic low/medium gain pedal.

The Dude is thicker, more low mids and mids. Very amp-like. I was supposed to be in the "Dumble inspired" camp. It's a little furrier than the Blue Note.

Both pedals can do what you ask, it's really more a matter of matching the pedal to YOUR rig (guitar and amp). For example, if you were playing a Princeton reverb, I'd likely recommend the Dude. If you were playing a tweed Deluxe, I'd probably recommend the Blue Note. It's really all about the overall mids, a Dude into a Tweed might be too much. A Blue Note into a Princeton, not enough. But it's all experimentation.