The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 126 to 129 of 129

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    If we're talking acoustic, then yes, I've had a few surprises. I find that my guitars fall within a certain "range" on a pretty consistent basis, but every now and then there's one that stands out a little. And in most of these cases, I can't attribute the superior performance to anything that I did in construction, so I just attribute it to some particular characteristics of the wood. There are some very general parameters over which a builder may have some control during the building process, but I don't believe any builder can "fine tune" a guitar to sound exactly as intended.
    Thank you Mark.
    I’d imagine It’s kind of difficult for anything to stand out in a group of Standouts.
    JD

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Thank you Mark.
    I’d imagine It’s kind of difficult for anything to stand out in a group of Standouts.
    JD
    Mark Campellone is a very humble man. Most people with extreme talent usually are.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k;[URL="tel:1274529"
    1274529[/URL]]Mark Campellone is a very humble man. Most people with extreme talent usually are.
    Ah Yes. My wife humbles me every day

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Correct….

Most serious quilt is Bigleaf Maple which is on average lighter, less stiff and softer than other common soft maples such as Norway, Red or Sycamore Maples (and Hard Sugar Maple) used to make archtop guitars. Quilt only presents in the wood when flatsawn. Flatsawn wood will have lower stiffness than a fiddleback a quartersawn billet. Quilting with its interlocking grain only further reduces the stiffness.
    Right - all else being equal, a back made from any softer, flat-sawn wood usually tends to give the guitar a bass resonance that is "rounder" and less "tight" compared to that produced by a stiffer back -