The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 111 of 111

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garthmoore
    Sorry, where can you order models like these? any links or email? Anyone else here order one of these?

I've ben trying to find a used Sadowsky Jimmy Bruno on the market, they get snatched up as soon as they appear on Reverb or eBay.
    I bought my 2005 used years ago and it's been my main jazz guitar ever since.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Another option, if you want more of an electric/gibson vibe, is the ES275.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound

I LOVE these! Only played a couple. Always the same reaction: Everything I look for in a top level Gibson.

User Info Menu

Or, if you like the more understated 175 look:

Or, P90's

User Info Menu

Or, if you like the more understated 175 look:

Or, P90's

A major foldout in the jazz guitar forum magazine. All beautiful guitars!

Tony

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Attachment 96035Attachment 96036I was a GB10 convert from the moment I first picked one up. I'm a 7 string player. I eventually became obsessed with a fully acoustic floating pickup version of that with solid woods and a mahogany/maple neck. I couldn't find one stock at the time but I love the warmth of 'hog necks. So I had Lora and the workshops in China build me a maple/spruce/hog 7 string 15" one until I could build it myself.
    I got it for a little over a grand, put a benedetto/duncan S7 pickup on it, did all the final setup and changed to Shallers and it turned out to be the guitar I can't put down.
    When you order a direct build from those guys, you can specify body depth (shallow for comfort and midrange clarity, piano-like bass emphasis in a deeper body), and if you factour in final setup and hardware tweaking post delivery, you may very well wind up with something that's perfect for you.
    When it comes to smaller bodied guitars, since they're not the norm, this is a real, viable, and even quite affordable option. They'll even put your name on the headstock if you're so inclined.
    The more specific you are on details if you order a custom, the more likely you are to get just what you have been looking for.

And Dang! I do wish Campellone made 15" and 7 string guitars. I'd be on his list in a second. I wrote him, no dice.
    In one of the Gibson Citation threads, Mark himself participated. I had asked how he could sell his guitars so inexpensively, yet remain such consistently high quality. He does it with the number of guitars he builds - quality AND enough quantity to support himself. He has set models with very little customization so he can build a bunch of them at a time. Seems a good business model to me, but clearly not for somebody who wants something custom built.

Tony

User Info Menu

I haven't gone through all 5 pages of the thread, but for a 15" archtop I'd suggest the Collings Eastside Jazz LC. I have one...fantastic guitar. Perfect build quality and very versatile, and with a great jazz tone...it sounds like a much bigger archtop despite being so thin. Surprisingly loud to practice on unplugged too.

User Info Menu

I haven't seen these before, looks like they only made them for a year or so, too bad. 15", spruce top, wood binding. Nice.

Ibanez ARTSTAR SS401F-VLS /Used | Reverb

User Info Menu

Nice model. I've had mixed results with Ibanez guitars, but this is nice.

I haven't seen these before, looks like they only made them for a year or so, too bad. 15", spruce top, wood binding. Nice.

Ibanez ARTSTAR SS401F-VLS /Used | Reverb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garthmoore
    Nice model. I've had mixed results with Ibanez guitars, but this is nice.
    That's because Ibanez is MANY different factories/companies under one gakku. Ibanez is about as predictably consistent as sending someone into a supermarket and saying "Pick up something I can have for breakfast".
    Those particular guitars are nice though. Even if they decided to "re-issue" it at some point in time, there's no guarantee that it's going to be the same guitar :-( .

User Info Menu

Besides, that really looks like a CAD rendering...