Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 35 of 35

User Info Menu

I can’t help it

Headless jazz guitar-e077fa29-48fe-44a5-9405-80ac57af8f5e-png

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

My Forshage is fully hollow with the exception of a small block under the tailpiece. Chris is really an underrated luthier. Below is one of his more recent Orion guitars. He can make you whatever you desire.

A number of examples of Chris' work can be found on his Imgur page. He has built an archtop for me as well.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    Last edited by rob taft; 10-16-2022 at 12:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeontheguitar
    I really love that concept. How hollow is it?
    These are fully hollow. Forshage makes "semi-hollow," as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reijaards
    Hey Burchyk, this is Sherah (the builder of this Reijaards Headless Jazz Guitar). I understand your worries about the tuning precision with thicker strings but this will not be a problem with this guitar. The saddles have quite the room for adjustment to get perfect intonation.
    Hi Sherah. The guitar looks amazing!

Sorry I was not very clear perhaps. My concern is not about intonation but the friction and the ratio of the "tuning pegs".

Thanks

User Info Menu

The guitar looks excellent for what you need. The only competition i could think of would be a small body acoustic, there are some that play and sound wonderful!

User Info Menu

any clips?

User Info Menu

Very Nice!
    Congratulations on your new guitar and good wishes on the transition to your new lifestyle!
    John Stowell has been playing headless guitars for years. I've always found them interesting and he certainly gets some good sounds from them. He also travels a lot and I can see how practical they can be in that case.

Cheers,
    Steve

As promised, a clip.
    First, you may notice that the sound and footage is not 100% matching. I recorded the guitar again after shooting the footage and didn't even bother to listen to the original audio of the footage.

Also, I found that I couldn't record my tube amp as I wanted it to. So the actual sound is from the Little Jazz into GB.

Also, I'm not a skilled jazz player. I'm relatively new to the genre. But I'm having a lot of fun and I am progressing.

https://vimeo.com/lab8works/rogenbyreijaards

Reijaards Headless Jazz guitar, model Rogen 2024 - Reijaards Guitars

I have just finished a brand new Reijaards Rogen, it's the fifth in a row. Previous models have been sold to the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Japan and USA. This one is still available (for now)

Click the photo's below to go to my website.

Headless jazz guitar-img_6574-jpgHeadless jazz guitar-img_6575-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Headless jazz guitar-img_6570-jpg Headless jazz guitar-img_6565-jpg Headless jazz guitar-img_6571-jpg Headless jazz guitar-img_6572-jpg 

User Info Menu

I always found these live recordings to be some of the best live music recorded. The bootleg one that was maybe official 'Bill Frisell Trio Live', I think is the greatest live guitar album.