The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Owning several of Roger's guitars I'm no stranger to his fine instruments. I have the Jim Hall already and sort of bought the SS-15 on impulse. I didn't know if I really needed it since I was already quite happy with the Hall and since I don't travel or play out anymore, I didn't think I needed a small arch top.

Well. I'm here to tell you I can't put this little guitar down. I am amazed how such a small thin guitar can sound so BIG! When plugged in it sounds like a big Jazz box. It's so comfortable and light I can just kick back on the sofa and play this thing all night. Mine weighs in at 4.93 pounds which is like a feather compared to any of my other's.

If you're on the fence about getting one, do it. You won't be disappointed.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Congrats!

Pics??

User Info Menu

Yeah they're great, I've been using the 15" Jimmy Bruno model for years now, my main jazz guitar. I'm a smaller guy, so it fits me great. The neck plays effortlessly, I just wish the frets were a little bigger. I thought about swapping it for the thinner SS-15, but I like the extra fret to the body on the Bruno (15 vs 14). How do you like the 1-3/4 neck?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Congrats!

Pics??
    Sadowsky SS-15 Blown Away!-f720c2db-3d0e-4b22-bee2-221301f034a0-jpegSadowsky SS-15 Blown Away!-47b65884-1ec8-45ff-93c0-54615cc17357-jpegSadowsky SS-15 Blown Away!-6bd4e484-fa63-4a61-b2f3-f9e92e400eaa-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    How do you like the 1-3/4 neck?
    The neck is very easy to play.
    Frets, for me, are just right.

User Info Menu

Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

I love that caramel burst! "Hog neck, not maple, correct?" I love the resonance of the hog neck on my Bruno.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I love that caramel burst! "Hog neck, not maple, correct?" I love the resonance of the hog neck on my Bruno.
    Correct. Mahogany neck.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Love the color! Beautiful!

User Info Menu

Wonderful guitrars!

Wondering how is the laminate thickness and resonance compared to a vintage 175 or 59 VOS reissue? Neck thickness/profile?