The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 38

User Info Menu

I have been watching a number of Andersen archtops on Reverb. Why do you think they are not selling?
    No more are being made, so I thought they would have vanished quickly.

Is it price, color, or something else?

--Charley
    Last edited by charleyrich99; 07-11-2022 at 01:07 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

He retired from building and no more. I don't even think he wanted anyone contacting him about doing any more guitars period.

User Info Menu

I know several Andersen owners here on the forum. One thing that one understands is that guitars produced by private luthiers are a much slower sell. You must understand that before you purchase one.

But those that own them, love ‘em!

User Info Menu

Having owned 4 Andersens over the years, I can say that they are among the finest instruments available. But, in my opinion, the ones on Reverb are overpriced.
    Andersen is not as well known as some and that does affect desirability and resale value.
    The aesthetics of his guitars are non-traditional. People who spend large sums on guitars may want something more mainstream. Fewer people want a red archtop.

User Info Menu

This model 17 on Reverb is gorgeous!

Andersen Model 17' Archtop | Reverb

Andersen archtops?-9767a24d-6ab8-4c45-9156-8d67412534c6-jpeg
    Andersen archtops?-eab3281a-87b6-4bc1-8c0d-911bf998f8c7-jpeg

User Info Menu

I was looking for Andersen for a looong time but as Gilpy mentioned - they were overpriced in most cases. So I went with Moffa instead.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Z
    This model 17 on Reverb is gorgeous!

Andersen Model 17' Archtop | Reverb

Andersen archtops?-9767a24d-6ab8-4c45-9156-8d67412534c6-jpeg
    Andersen archtops?-eab3281a-87b6-4bc1-8c0d-911bf998f8c7-jpeg
    This one was marked SOLD. Now it is back on the market.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    This one was marked SOLD. Now it is back on the market.
    Yes, I noticed that. I wonder if something is wrong with it. It is the only one on Reverb whose price seems fair. I almost pulled the trigger on it the first time it was on Reverb, but someone beat me to it. Now, I am cautious...

User Info Menu

I asked seller for scale length on 5/18/22 , then on 7/9/22 he provides it. I questioned why it's back on the market....... and no response.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I love the "violin" finish he does, and if I had $6-7K to spend on an axe, I'd love to have a Little Archie!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    I love the "violin" finish he does, and if I had $6-7K to spend on an axe, I'd love to have a Little Archie!
    Tastes certainly vary... I love Andersen archtops, except for the red-orange violin finish... I visited his shop when I was in Seattle and have been lusting after an oval hole model, except they seem to only show up in the red-orange, violin finish, alas...

User Info Menu

These were mine....all gone now!
    Andersen archtops?-img_1390-jpeg
    Andersen archtops?-img_1391-jpeg

User Info Menu

Ouch... Sell me one, please!

User Info Menu

Weird...the guy selling the Andersen Model 17 on Reverb just raised his price $500...curiouser and curiouser

Don't you usually lower your price when you can't sell an item?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilpy
    These were mine....all gone now!
    Andersen archtops?-img_1390-jpeg
    Andersen archtops?-img_1391-jpeg
    The one piece back on the one to the far right is gorgeous!

User Info Menu

I really like the 18 inch Anderson, but it's in France. Not sure I want to deal with an overseas guitar purchase.

There's an Emerald City that's also tempting in Texas.

And I like the violin burst, myself. I've always wanted to have a Benedetto La Venezia in violin burst. The oval Anderson looks like it would be a nice alternative.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    I really like the 18 inch Anderson, but it's in France. Not sure I want to deal with an overseas guitar purchase.

There's an Emerald City that's also tempting in Texas.

And I like the violin burst, myself. I've always wanted to have a Benedetto La Venezia in violin burst. The oval Anderson looks like it would be a nice alternative.
    Off-topic, but my guitar coming from Cyril Gaffiero has been sitting at CDG in Paris since 7/4. He shipped another guitar to the States two days earlier and it has already arrived while mine sits and waits. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to deal with international guitar purchases right now. Unfortunately for me, getting a Gaffiero means it has to come from France. We'll see how long it takes my Dupont to get stateside when it ships near the end of the year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JSanta
    Off-topic, but my guitar coming from Cyril Gaffiero has been sitting at CDG in Paris since 7/4. He shipped another guitar to the States two days earlier and it has already arrived while mine sits and waits. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to deal with international guitar purchases right now. Unfortunately for me, getting a Gaffiero means it has to come from France. We'll see how long it takes my Dupont to get stateside when it ships near the end of the year.

That sounds rather aggravating. And that's not even considering the shipping costs.

Lots of nice guitars for sale in places like Japan and Taiwan, too.

I have bought a guitar from Canada. At least that was no trouble.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    That sounds rather aggravating. And that's not even considering the shipping costs.

Lots of nice guitars for sale in places like Japan and Taiwan, too.

I have bought a guitar from Canada. At least that was no trouble.
    Japan shipping to the states is no problem at all. Shipping via EMS is a breeze.

Heck, I received an Integrated KT88 Amplifier from China during Covid last year. It arrived in 6 days. Let’s not create a problem where there isn’t one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by charleyrich99
    Weird...the guy selling the Andersen Model 17 on Reverb just raised his price $500...curiouser and curiouser

Don't you usually lower your price when you can't sell an item?
    I noticed that as well. When I initially shared the link, the guitar was $4500. Weird.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Japan shipping to the states is no problem at all. Shipping via EMS is a breeze.

Heck, I received an Integrated KT88 Amplifier from China during Covid last year. It arrived in 6 days. Let’s not create a problem where there isn’t one.
    That's good to know about shipping from Japan.

Even after buying and selling a few guitars online successfully, except for the PRS archtop that FedEx managed to crack, I'm still wary of sending tons of money out into the ether and hoping a guitar shows up at my door a few days later.

Overseas just makes me even more wary.

User Info Menu

An Andersen double top just arrived at archtop.com. Just FYI.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JakePearlman
    An Andersen double top just arrived at archtop.com. Just FYI.
    Thanks. Which model Andersen?

Is that a carved top or laminate?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by charleyrich99
    Thanks. Which model Andersen?

Is that a carved top or laminate?

It’s 1 of 3 made like in this video.

User Info Menu

Thanks!