The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

... GP-10 ...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice. Let us know what you think after a few months.

Somewhere in my storage is my old Roland VG-88 guitar modeler. It was a great piece of gear for its day. I could make my strat sound like a jazz archtop. It sounds like the GP-10 is a modern compact version of that.

Maybe someday I can get an upgrade on my old system.

User Info Menu

I have two Boss pedals as my only pedals. These are the GT-1000 Core, which contains most any effect I could want and strung together in any way I want, and an RC-500 looper. These two are in identical styled and sized cabinets, very small and easily managed. I can't imagine a more flexible and simple setup.

Tony

User Info Menu

Boss makes great pedals! Congrats!

User Info Menu

Congrats, those are WILD

User Info Menu

I generally don't use pedals, but occasionally break out my Boss DD-5 delay with tap tempo. I've had it for many years and it's the business. i've got a lot of other pedals and boards but after many years, I'm proud of doing most gigs with a guitar, a lead and an amp - and a few charts when needed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    Nice. Let us know what you think after a few months.

Somewhere in my storage is my old Roland VG-88 guitar modeler. It was a great piece of gear for its day. I could make my strat sound like a jazz archtop. It sounds like the GP-10 is a modern compact version of that.

Maybe someday I can get an upgrade on my old system.
    I already have Gk3 on Tele (using it with GI20 into Yamaha QY70 and into DAW) so I went through presets couple of times, right from the box, without any adjustments or set up. It worked surprisingly good. Some very usable sounds, and FX patches, IMO.
    Especially distorted amps and alike.

Honestly, as far as COSM, I am not sure that it is any more advanced than VG-88.

On paper, the list of features goes forever, but those are probably somewhat "crippled" compared to stand alone units. It has couple of different synths, but no PCM sounds.
    Anyway, synths were not the reason I went for it
    My main reasons for GP-10 were:
    1. to add to/replace SE70 as FX unit. I am already sure that it will do well.
    SE70, my only guitar FX since 1995, recently developed some noises. Hopefully due something in power supply section, ie. fixable, everything else is double sided PCB soldering.

2. alleged "re-guitar" function, where GP10 serves as 6 channel USB audio interface for recording each string on separate track in DAW. Looking forward to try out that feature, ASAP .