The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Hi Everyone.

A fun quiz for you.

Name all the Archtops in one reply and win a prize.

Afterwards let me know your favourite one and why.

I Spy.-1-1-jpegI Spy.-1-2-jpegI Spy.-1-3-jpegI Spy.-1-4-jpegI Spy.-1-5-jpegI Spy.-1-1-jpegI Spy.-1-2-jpegI Spy.-1-6-jpegI Spy.-1-7-jpegI Spy.-1-8-jpeg

Couldn't help think of this. All I need now is a convertible; a record deal and some serious chops.

I Spy.-sc178-72867700-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

And a whole lotta strings

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    And a whole lotta strings
    There's two more coming on Thursday!

User Info Menu

Have you started on your own builds yet?

User Info Menu

The Campy and the Guild AA. Ibanez make nice guitars but have not desire to ever own one at all.

User Info Menu

Have you started on your own builds yet?
    Lot of R&D going on. Progress is good. About to start making the first bodies and body kits. Website should go live in the next two weeks. Thanks for asking

User Info Menu

AH…. Best of luck on them!

Hey Mark, why never try an Ibanez?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    The Campy and the Guild AA. Ibanez make nice guitars but have not desire to ever own one at all.
    Fair comment. I have a soft spot for their late 70's and early 80's stuff and that L5 copy, sounds pretty damn close to a typical L5C. Shame it doesn't have the older Guild AA headstock shape and script logo though.

I think a few tweaks to the JP20 will make it a phenomenal little guitar.

I've got another Johny Smith Award coming.. In fact I've got two Johnny Smith's coming this week. Fingers crossed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    Couldn't help think of this. All I need now is a convertible; a record deal and some serious chops.

I Spy.-sc178-72867700-jpeg
    One item I spied in your workshop begs to differ and thinks you need a hack instead

User Info Menu

AH…. Best of luck on them!

Hey Mark, why never try an Ibanez?
    In my world jazz guitar can be played on any guitar but I live here in the US. I prefer to stick to Gibson and the guitars of jazz that we in the US made and do that best no compromises. Not to say Ibanez is a bad guitar is it just for me why..................the option are depending on your needs

ES 175
    L5
    ES 335
    Super 400
    Guild of various types
    Heritage.

The obvious handmade guitars that meet the test of time.

Ibanez are fine I just don't want to waver from the standards. Play the guitars that move your soul. Even Larry C knew an ES 335 was great.

User Info Menu

Lucy, Ginger, Herkimer, Charlie, Oscar, Georgia, Wendell, Henri, Fulta, Fishy, and George.