The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BreckerFan
    ...I've heard and opinions seem to be generally favorable. Does it work well with bronze strings as advertised?
    KA 12 pole PAF works beautifully with bronze.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I just ordered the KA 2D micro humbucker and a control kit last night. After talking with Joe V from archtop.com he recommended it over the PAF because of tight spacing. I'll post some updates and maybe sound clips once everything is installed

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Wow I'm impressed with the sound of this, and clearance would be exactly what I need for the L-7. I'll have to keep it in mind if the KA doesn't work out.

User Info Menu

I have a '59 L7C, and I put a Krivo pickup on it. The Krivo pickup is quite thin so it fit nicely. It comes with some putty to stick the pickup on with, that is how it is mounted now and has worked out great. I go back and forth between flats and acoustic strings on that guitar- the flats generate more signal (volume) but the acoustic strings sound nice as well. Enjoy-

User Info Menu

More free advice. Lollar single coil gold foil floater is what I put on my '44. It's great. That guitar is going to sound great whatever you do.
    Congratulations. Amazing guitars, the L7's.