The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Incoming New Pegs Day. After several years of procrastination, and then covid, I finally got off my a** and ordered the complex geared pegs for my Huipe flamenco guitar. 8.5:1 gear ratio. Synthetic body and light weight internal alloy. They weigh almost nothing. The guitar sounds fantastic but the traditional friction pegs have always been a pain to tune, mostly in live performance situations.

The guitar and pegs are with my wife's violin tech right now for install.

Wittner Fine Tuning Peg Flamenco – Thomann United States

Stock images:

Last edited by Woody Sound; 06-08-2022 at 07:31 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Had no idea such things existed. Looks cool. I respect tradition but I'm not so stupid as to deny advances that truly make things better and more functional.

User Info Menu

I have mechanical pegs on my Mijail Kharash blanca. They are great!

Incoming NPD-814a363b-6028-407e-927a-bdd6332c334e-jpegIncoming NPD-d8c6b1fe-1eb2-460a-b1a6-caf087f67b7c-jpegIncoming NPD-b4581401-5c9b-4e5e-9fb8-eabf1bdc9ab2-jpgIncoming NPD-3de1eeaa-23f1-4fcd-ae54-73162b7ac7d9-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey02
    Had no idea such things existed. Looks cool. I respect tradition but I'm not so stupid as to deny advances that truly make things better and more functional.
    It's pretty cool. The gears are built into the button, instead of in the shaft. Two pics for demo:

It is done. They are awesome. They work just as smoothly and well as any fine tuning gear. It is amazing, the tiny gears are built into the buttons, I am thrilled with these. The local violin string shop guy who installed them has been putting them on violins, cellos, etc, for a long time, it was his first crack at a traditional flamenco blanca guitar, so he was excited to do it. I can finally perform with the guitar without tuning struggles.

Incoming NPD-thumbnail_img_4340-jpg
    Incoming NPD-thumbnail_img_4343-jpg
    Incoming NPD-thumbnail_img_4344-jpgIncoming NPD-thumbnail_img_4345-jpg
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 06-19-2022 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    It is done. They are awesome. They work just as smoothly and well as any fine tuning gear. It is amazing, the tiny gears are built into the buttons, I am thrilled with these. The local violin string shop guy who installed them has been putting them on violins, cellos, etc, for a long time, it was his first crack at a traditional flamenco blanca guitar, so he was excited to do it. I can finally perform with the guitar without tuning struggles.

Incoming NPD-thumbnail_img_4340-jpg
    Incoming NPD-thumbnail_img_4343-jpg
    Incoming NPD-thumbnail_img_4344-jpgIncoming NPD-thumbnail_img_4345-jpg
    ps - The guitar weighs only around 2-1/2 lbs, a true featherweight, feels like balsa. OTOH, the hard plush Ameritage case in which it sleeps is around 16 lbs.