The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 81 of 81

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    This is a jazz guitar forum. Take your politics elsewhere.
    Yes, agreed, jazz and politics has always been clearly separated and it is very important that we keep it like that.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Music is the reflexion of the human's world ,this is probably why " dark was the night, cold was the ground " by blind willie johnson is one of the tune which is on the disk on one of the voyager space probe...Billie Holiday singing the dark side of a history is making me travel far from versatile gear for jazz.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    This is a jazz guitar forum. Take your politics elsewhere.
    You're not my judge, dear.

And, you don't seem to remember your post in this forum saying:

"It's times like these that we need to show strength in the protection of our freedoms from the political hacks that seek to exploit tragedy. We have to maintain our freedom of speech in spite of a media, and arguably, a gaming industry that encourages young insane men to act out with violence. We have to maintain our right to bear arms in spite of those that abuse this right to perform truly evil acts.

That being said, I would not object the minimum age to vote, buy liquor and tobacco, and buy guns be moved to 21. Younger than that most are still children."

Take your politics elsewhere..

User Info Menu

Dave139
    Strat can take you a long way in many directions.
    I beefed up the string gauge- no bends in the jazz I’ve come across although theoretically anything goes. Heavier pick for lead lines, but that’s a personal thing.
    you may want to tweak your pickup and possibly even your pole piece heights. I find on my Strat (AmPro2018ish) the balance between the GBE strings the harshest and twangiest.
    A TS certainly helps too. I use a boost pedal to do the same.

one thing I did notice is the dynamics I play with now is much wider. For lead lines a pick, for Rhythm & comping it is a 3 or 4 finger pluck keeping out of the way more than say in a band. I tend to have the selector on position 4 (one back from neck?) just to kill buzz and fatten up the tone a bit.

I found in my jazz ensembles less decibel competitions with drummers than what you hear others contend with over at TGP.

Amp wise much anything with clean headroom. If you like fusion the distortion will likely be a key need as well as clean. Scott Henderson plays a full Marshall stack. Many many prefer big glass twins. But then again going off pills ~50% of us prefer the current day Solid State options. Needs dictate.

please forgive those who bring in unrelated politics- there are lots of passionate followers in this forum.
    welcome to the forum though!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SerCorr
    You're not my judge, dear.

And, you don't seem to remember your post in this forum saying:

There is a section on this forum for general discussion where all topics are included. Where that insightful quote you took the trouble to dig up was posted in the appropriate section in an appropriate thread. If you find the organization of the site confusing I'm sure someone will help you. For instance, this is the 'Guitar and Gear' section. Not politics.
    Last edited by Spook410; 06-09-2022 at 08:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Welcome!

There is two kinds of jazz guitarists. First group have and have always had just one guitar and one amp and they sound great.
    I generally rely on one guitar and one amp - and one lead - for most gigs. No pedals. I own a number of other guitars -i.e. too many - that are perhaps too sensitive for the hurly-burly of a jazz gig but I wouldn't part with them.