The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Anyone at NAMM this weekend?? I know, definitely not a "jazz guitar" outing, but it's still fun!

Show us some pics, and wear ear-plugs!!

Last edited by marcwhy; 06-03-2022 at 09:48 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I’ve always wanted to go but it’s on the other side of the country.
    Sounds like a fun place to hang out though.

User Info Menu

Went many years back in 1986. All I can say is t feels a lot like Mardi Gras and Headache all mixed together, Lol!

User Info Menu

From a guitar.com post:

Namm?-martin-nr-2-5e6-jpg

Namm?-martin-roar-jpg

uke:

User Info Menu

How does the turnout compare to the pre-covid days?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BWV
    How does the turnout compare to the pre-covid days?
    ya wondering the same..was thinking about hitting it but heard there were alot of companies passing this year, at least ones that i would be interested in.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

12 seconds in. That's why.

User Info Menu

Here are some NAMM-2022 pix. Total number of archtop guitars on display at NAMM 2022 - eight? Greg German was at the Boutique Guitar Showcase with a couple of nice guitars (but I don't have pix of them) along with Michael Sankey, Tim Bram and Tyler Wells. Eastman revealed its obvious guitar strategy in a booth that had one archtop. And Steve Marchione was there with a lovely booth, woohoo! Nice guy, great guitars. I had a great chat with him and played one of his semis for awhile. Heck, if I had a spare $27,000, I'd grab one of them in a second.

The show was much smaller than normal but the organizers put up a bold front by packing almost everything into four main halls, with a few folks up on Level 2 and Level 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images Namm?-namm22-eastman_1618-jpg Namm?-namm22-marchione_1577-jpg Namm?-namm22-sankey_1569-jpg Namm?-namm22-tylerwells-jpg Namm?-namm22-timbram_1570-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 06-12-2022 at 05:32 PM.

User Info Menu

My pals from Germany were there at the "Made in Germany" booth. Beatle basses, Club basses, nice fiddles, and a few gorgeous German-made "Leader" guitars. The name works in German (Lieder - German songs, get it?, get it? say no more, say no more) but not so much in English. No archtops, but there may be some hope for the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images Namm?-namm22-hof_1608-jpg Namm?-img_1580-jpg Namm?-img_1578-jpg Namm?-namm22-hof-leaders_1550-jpg Namm?-namm22-hof-leaders-necks-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 06-11-2022 at 10:51 PM.

User Info Menu

I think Ben Wilborn was supposed to be there (or at least one of his guitars). He's finished an octave mandolin recently and from the discussion around it I think we may yet see an archtop guitar from him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Here are some NAMM-2022 pix. Total number of archtop guitars on display at NAMM 2022 - eight? Greg German was at the Boutique Guitar Showcase with a couple of nice guitars (but I don't have pix of them) along with Sankey, Tim Bram and Tyler Wells. Eastman revealed its obvious guitar strategy in a booth that had one archtop. And Steve Marchione was there with a lovely booth, woohoo! Nice guy, great guitars. I had a great chat with him and played one of his semis for awhile. Heck, if I had a spare $27,000, I'd grab one of them in a second.

The show was much smaller than normal but the organizers put up a bold front by packing almost everything into four main halls, with a few folks up on Level 2 and Level 3. Probably 1/3 the size of a "normal" NAMM show. Lots of no-shows.
    I like the look of the Sankeys. I've never had a chance to play one but I'd love to give one a twirl.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    I like the look of the Sankeys. I've never had a chance to play one but I'd love to give one a twirl.
    As much of a traditionalist I am, I love the look of those Tim Bram "tele" archtops.

Guitar Gallery | timbramguitars

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    As much of a traditionalist I am, I love the look of those Tim Bram "tele" archtops.

Guitar Gallery | timbramguitars

Those look great. The videos sound great, too.

That violin finish reminds me of the special run of Teles Fender did last year based on a Stradivarius violin.

This Telecaster was inspired by a 308-year-old Stradivarius violin | MusicRadar

Look's like Bram's guitars run around $7K or less, but the Fender's went for around $30K.

User Info Menu

Jim: Come visit our nation's capitol sometime and see Mike while you are there! I'm sure he'd love to meet you as well.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 06-10-2022 at 07:17 PM.

User Info Menu

I always thought this looked like the most ergonomic guitar out there

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Jim: Come visit our nation's capitol sometime and see Mike while you are there! I'm sure he'd love to meet you as well.
    I didn't realize that's where he is. We've actually considered doing a trip to Ottawa timed to see Cirque in Gatineau in August or September.