The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is kind of a "retro question," because I sold it a while ago. Anyone else ever try the Baggs Amp? It had some very innovative features, especially the one-driver full-range wide-dispersion acoustic speaker. It sounded absolutely fantastic at low to med vols, but I thought it was severely underpowered. For a "200W" acoustic amp it broke up very soon. Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

Access to this page has been denied.

Last edited by Woody Sound; 05-10-2022 at 04:14 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

"Reference" is code for "expensive".

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    "Reference" is code for "expensive".
    Well now the used ones seem to be going for around $700-$800.

User Info Menu

I don't know if that is a lot in your economy. It would be an attractive price here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Well now the used ones seem to be going for around $700-$800.
    There’s one for sale here on the forum:

Jazz amps? You want jazz amps? We got jazz amps!

I'm using Genzler now for really clean acoustic tone, but I always wondered if the Baggs I bought used had a glitch. Under powered and shouldn't have been breaking up so early. And they discontinued them pretty quickly.

Bass Amplification Archives - Genzler Amplification

User Info Menu

I'm using Genzler now for really clean acoustic tone, but I always wondered if the Baggs I bought used had a glitch. Under powered and shouldn't have been breaking up so early. And they discontinued them pretty quickly.

Bass Amplification Archives - Genzler Amplification
    I was told by a dealer that there were problems with outsourced parts in the later production run. The one Hammer has listed is the ‘first edition’. I played it in a mid-sized combo at an outdoor (bandshell) gig and thought it had plenty of power,

User Info Menu

I'm using Genzler now for really clean acoustic tone, but I always wondered if the Baggs I bought used had a glitch. Under powered and shouldn't have been breaking up so early.
    I was told by a dealer that there were problems with outsourced parts in the later production run. The one Hammer has listed is the ‘first edition’. I played it in a mid-sized combo at an outdoor (bandshell) gig and thought it had plenty of power.

User Info Menu

To Paul's comment, this particular L.R. Baggs Reference Amp ( Jazz amps? You want jazz amps? We got jazz amps! ) has plenty of power and sounds fabbo. I'll be in upstate NY/PA over the weekend, and could ship it to a US address from there in case anyone wants to grab it by then. I'd keep it here in Toronto, but 20 amps is, er, ah, more than enough.