The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

A sampling of a few of the Scott Chinery Blue Archtop Collection that might thrill most of you. Jaded a**eholes need not apply.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey I resemble that Jaded Statement! Lol!

User Info Menu

The Zeidler is my fave of the three, for elegant design and fine tone. All three are excellent instruments! Well above my means, thank goodness!

User Info Menu

Some of those guitars are turning a nice shade of Jade as well.

this collection is a fantastic example of Guitars as functional works of Art where price was no impediment to the creative process.

Is it true that there is a condition that the collection is to remain together and not split up?

User Info Menu

Jostein’s demo is a pretty nice demo of the Collings, but those initial introduction videos are pretty much worthless. There is a lot of weird, just inaccurate speculation in them, and minimal playing. Sometimes the playing of the guitars is just done as a joke when he didn’t personally didn’t like them and there is a weird obsession with a lighter weight being the mark of the best guitars. I’m looking forward to seeing more examples of them actually being played.

User Info Menu

I think the Collings is the best looking. Do they all sound like they have brand new round wound strings on them, or is it that just me?

User Info Menu

I remember when John Zeidler built that guitar, a friend and I dropped by when it was finished. It sounded great of course but the color didn't come out exactly right so he had to refinish it.

User Info Menu

Ha, Jostein Gulbrandsen representing. Ran into him at a jam this week with a (non-blue) Collings.

User Info Menu

Jaded or lapis'd, I don't really care about either colour as a finish on a wooden acoustic instrument... I'd probably much prefer an a**holish colour

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Jaded or lapis'd, I don't really care about either colour as a finish on a wooden acoustic instrument... I'd probably much prefer an a**holish colour

Candy Apple Red Metalflake would be my choice.

With black and white pinstriping.

And flames.

User Info Menu

One thing for sure is they sound great already and haven’t even been broken in! But at 18” these would be way to big to be ergonomically comfortable for me anyways. Great tribute to the archtop guitar, and started interest in the instrument back in the 1990’s once again!

User Info Menu

Holy moly! That Monteleone wow! Those convertible sound holes, what a great idea.
    man that is cool. thank you for sharing these! Gads!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6v6ster
    Those convertible sound holes, what a great idea.
    man that is cool.
    But .... If the slide mechanism gets a bit worn, wouldn't it buzz/rattle annoyingly like a loose PU on a Gibson 175?. Apart from that, a superb guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldane
    But .... If the slide mechanism gets a bit worn, wouldn't it buzz/rattle annoyingly like a loose PU on a Gibson 175?. Apart from that, a superb guitar.
    I dunno, but the sound of that instrument is huge. Not really a traditional archtop sound-- the Collings and Zeidler do that much better...but if I was choosing one to record with and play solo, damn that Monteleone...

And while I'm dreaming, I'd like a Alfa Romeo Spyder.

User Info Menu

I remember Bill Hollenbeck making his Blue one and he even made another exact duplicate that he later finished in traditional red. He just wanted to be sure that things would come out ok. Frankly the situation with the guitars themselves have been a bit of a problem and mystery. I was under the impression that some were not well cared for after Chinery passed away.

User Info Menu

A: A**holish colour.

Q:What is La-Pissed in Minnesota for $1000, please, Alex?