The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Hi guys,

I know it's a long run from encouraging you to watch my new video to a post that REALLY belongs here, but I thought I'll share for two reasons:

1. Some of you know that I'm playing almost exclusively telecaster for the last year (despite of having many amazing archtops in the past), I've used a fender performer tele for quite some time, then changed the pickup to filtertron
    Installing a Filtertron Pickup on my Telecaster
    Telecaster / Filtertron / Princeton Reverb II - Frisell Tribute

But two months ago I got the opportunity to buy a Danocaster and it worked. Love the guitar! It does hum from time to time, depending on the conditions (because of the single coil). It's probably not as comfortable as the fender was for me (similar neck profile but wider string spacing), but I felt instantly connected to it which didn't happen with the Fender for a year (I guess it's a matter of price, haha). Long story short - I've played a short tour with it and now recorded some cool stuff with my band, including video.

2. A live session is a live session - for some reason one of my effects did something it never did before, letting through only the WET signal during the intro (don't tell anyone it wasn't intentionally), but resetting the effect healed the sound and you can listen do the Danocaster and it's cool sound later in the video. Not that I play a lot, because I don't. But that's just me

Have fun!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I actually really dug the "malfunctioning pedal" intro! It was cool! Really enjoy your group's videos.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    I actually really dug the "malfunctioning pedal" intro! It was cool! Really enjoy your group's videos.
    Thanks! I did my best, though the level was very low even with my guitar volume totally up I would have choosen a different effect for this if it was planned )

User Info Menu

Very nice -- thanks for posting!!

User Info Menu

Beautiful piece, and a nice video.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Very nice -- thanks for posting!!
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Beautiful piece, and a nice video.
    Thanks! I know about the video! Love those 1-camera vids in Julian Lage style, rather than 5 cameras and a lot of cuts etc.

User Info Menu

Really lovely sound when you come in to joint the bass player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    Really lovely sound when you come in to joint the bass player.
    Thank you Jim!

Second tune is just out:

This time overdriven ;-)

Sorry it this is too much, but the third one is out and this one has a cristal clean sound and more typical guitar approach

User Info Menu

I like it , and I'm sure, the last video bill frisell will agree too !

nice playing and sound !

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyname
    I like it , and I'm sure, the last video bill frisell will agree too !

nice playing and sound !
    Thanks! I hope he would

Hi,

here's the last one, enjoy