The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Can someone please tell me what model guitar this it? Looks like a 17 or 18 with a p90?
    Really like the tone.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It is a modded Emperor Regent.

thank you

User Info Menu

If an ER, it's quite heavily modified: P90, electronics under the top, new pickguard. Probably as costly as the guitar itself.

User Info Menu

Not a bad idea IMHO since the guitar has a rather sturdy laminated top so a built-in pickup won‘t really degrade it’s acoustic volume or resonance. The tone reminds me of some Grant Green sounds I‘ve heard , rather nice !

User Info Menu

Somewhere down the discussion on YouTube the guitarist did reveal it's a modded ER. I would have just changed the PU (as I've done twice on mine) and kept the electronics under the pickguard. A Shadow Zoeller has been waiting a couple years but I haven't had the energy to make a new pickguard for it. Won't touch the original one.

User Info Menu

I took a stock Emperor Regent once that sounded pretty uninspired, kept the stock pickup and completely rewired the harness. That alone changed it dramatically into a killer guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    I took a stock Emperor Regent once that sounded pretty uninspired, kept the stock pickup and completely rewired the harness. That alone changed it dramatically into a killer guitar.
    ...which it is! I'm confessing: two different animals but I really prefer the ER over my recently acquired Tal, which is so heavy, stiff as a LP and acoustically unimpressive.