The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

my pleasure! its nice to hear from fellow enthusiasts!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lovely, congratulations!

My kind of guitar.

User Info Menu

Lovely guitar indeed!

I am not sure I would be brave enough to have the braces cut, though... Is the L-50 ladder or x-braced? Does one of the two bracing types make it easier to install a pickup?

User Info Menu

Cutting into your guitar is not something I would recommend. However in this case I had an acoustic guitar that saw very little playing time.
    Now I have a guitar that is versatile and sounds excellent. I play it all the time. Its my guitar and I WILL NEVER SELL IT. So its on my shoulders.
    I am not telling anybody to cut up their vintage axe. In my case it was worth it.
    As far as the braces are concerned I belive it was x braced. The installation is difficult. Lollar makes a C/C pickup tht mounts like traditional P 90. I wanted the traditional look of a period instrument.

On another note the tone and sound of this guitar is mainly due its age.
    It is old wood well and that is that. I dont think that a new guitar such as an Eastman will sound like this. Of course this is my opinion.
    The bottom line is would I do it again. In a heartbeat!

I am looking at 39 L7 as my next project. Its a blonde and would be similar to an Gibson es 250.