The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 249
    Hammer after Mark is done working his magic that is going to be a very special guitar. So cool !

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I love blistered maple. I have a 1953 Super 300 and a 1947 L12 with blistered maple.

User Info Menu

smart move Hammer
    im sure Msrk will do a great job

Big

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    You can't tell but the side dots are also abalone.
    I am thrilled to say that this Cameo will be mine when done. Working with Mark has been a fantastic experience and watching the guitar that will eventually be mine being assembled piece by piece is surreal. Thanks Vinny for sharing with the rest of the world.

Brad Greenstein

User Info Menu

?? and all this time I thought it was Vinny's

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    ?? and all this time I thought it was Vinny's
    Nope wish it was though

“POP” goes the quilt

The new Campellone Cameo begins-1856019e-25d2-46d3-b563-550e87fb8013-jpeg

User Info Menu

Whoa !!!!

“POP” goes the quilt

User Info Menu

“POP” goes the quilt

Dang. That guitar already sounds good and it isn't even being played.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradGreenstein
    I am thrilled to say that this Cameo will be mine when done. Working with Mark has been a fantastic experience and watching the guitar that will eventually be mine being assembled piece by piece is surreal. Thanks Vinny for sharing with the rest of the world.

Brad Greenstein

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradGreenstein

Brad Greenstein
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Dagnab. Mr. Greenstein ends six years of lurking with a first-post for the ages!!

User Info Menu

Looking at that rack with eight guitars in it, six brand-new and two refinishes. Seems that Mark is working harder than ever before. The 16 inch cameo looks like it will be a masterpiece. But as we all know even the standard, deluxe & special will all be top-notch..

User Info Menu

congrats on your Cameo !!!

BigMike

User Info Menu

This new guy sure knows how to make an entrance:

hello
    let me introduce myself
    my name is Cameo

The S400 Mark bought from eBay with a broken headstock repaired with wood screws and epoxy.....WTF

He is going to restore it back to glory. He is fixing the headstock right with a new peghead veneer.
    Knowing him it will be better than new. I might need to try and pry it away from him.....LOL

He is a big Gibson fanboy too though all his YouTube videos he plays Gretsch's. His hero is Chet.

User Info Menu

The S400 Mark bought from eBay with a broken headstock repaired with wood screws and epoxy.....WTF
    Reminds me of what I saw in the workshop I spent yesterday afternoon in...
    Chrislutherie - Chrislutherie added a new photo.

The new Campellone Cameo begins-116b6968-9017-43d8-b1ec-010f1b7697e4-jpgThe new Campellone Cameo begins-b156ee64-f59d-4871-96b1-cf28363a653c-jpgThe new Campellone Cameo begins-2f644a14-d6cf-4ba3-a1dd-f4091aaf679e-jpg

Everyone remembers Boo-boo.

User Info Menu

The new Campellone Cameo begins-116b6968-9017-43d8-b1ec-010f1b7697e4-jpgThe new Campellone Cameo begins-b156ee64-f59d-4871-96b1-cf28363a653c-jpgThe new Campellone Cameo begins-2f644a14-d6cf-4ba3-a1dd-f4091aaf679e-jpg

Everyone remembers Boo-boo.
    That makes me slightly ill, I did that once to a '68 LP Custom.

Suddenly Mark putting a volute on his guitars doesn't seem like such a bad idea!

User Info Menu

Specifically:
    Attached Images Attached Images The new Campellone Cameo begins-gib-s400-repair-jpeg 

Hammer it appears you have become great friends with Mark also.
    Hard not to. A great guy with great skills.
    I got on the Campellone train late in life because I was such a Gibson fanboy. I wish I started buying Campellone’s 20 years ago.
    I don’t have a lot of years left to enjoy my Campy’s. I absolutely love them though.
    I think I have another year or so wait for my Cameo.

That Gibby L7/JS project is really looking spectacular.

User Info Menu

He is going to restore it back to glory. He is fixing the headstock right with a new peghead veneer.
    Knowing him it will be better than new. I might need to try and pry it away from him.....LOL

He is a big Gibson fanboy too though all his YouTube videos he plays Gretsch's. His hero is Chet.
    Vinny, as you know,
    The Corollary to that is Chet's hero was Lenny Breau and said of him that "He was the greatest guitarist
    who ever walked the Earth"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Reminds me of what I saw in the workshop I spent yesterday afternoon in...
    Chrislutherie - Chrislutherie added a new photo.
    How did that happen? I've never seen a break like that.

User Info Menu

Chet was one player that blew my young mind away. I can understand why Mark is a fan!
    Also, Vinny, no shame in your Gibson fanboy years my friend! You're in good company.
    And with all of that accumulated wisdom can understand and appreciate what makes Mark's guitars so special! I'm a Campellone fanboy too!

User Info Menu

Volutes ?!?!?
    Damn I used to hate volutes on
    But over the years I have bought a number of guitars with well executed volutes and I see their value

All of my Unity’s have volutes
    all of my Campellone specials also have volutes and I don’t even notice them
    in fact my GB10s most of the George Benson models have a volute on the neck

I’m sure if Mark is repairing that headstock crack it will be better than when it was new
    the guy is a real magician and artist

I am BigMike and I approve this message

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Vinny, as you know,
    The Corollary to that is Chet's hero was Lenny Breau and said of him that "He was the greatest guitarist
    who ever walked the Earth"
    and Lenny Breau was a hero of Doyle Dykes who is the new master of guitar harmonics.