The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 176 to 178 of 178

User Info Menu

Lately I've revisited the Tusq picks I got as lagniappe along with a nut. I think they sound fairly good when used for playing rhythm. I'm still not a big fan of them for single-note playing - too thin and bright - but for rhythm they sound okay. I still don't have a lot of experience with them, but so far I haven't noticed even minor wear. They're very hard and stiff. The black ones are too dull-sounding for me, though. If they had something about halfway between the blacks and the tans, I might be very attracted.

My previous offer still stands. If anyone wants to try them, I'll send a bag of assorted picks for free. For some reason they sent three identical bags.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Pro Plecs are my go to, though when I play my new to me 175 D unplugged I've started gravitating to larger sized but thinner 1mm nylon. Bright and woody in that "take it or leave it" Joe Pass Virtuoso sound. The snappy quality with heavy flats is refreshing from the darker tones I typically like.

When I need to be really quiet it's a weird 2mm Ernie Ball Everlast that magically appeared in my pick jar. Cuts acoustic volume by at least half. I call it playing suppressed.

User Info Menu

Hi

what thickness is this pick?

any chance of a photo?