The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 58 of 58

User Info Menu

I prefer the Earthquake Systems Dispatch Master as it gives me the option to also dial in a little delay when I play Chet Atkins type stuff. Been using it for a couple years and haven't felt a need to change. Also works well on pedal steel. If I was still in the surf band, I might look into one of those 'Fuzzy Bear' spring reverb kits - they seem to be very popular in that genre. I've tried a bunch of them over the years and, other than the Dispatch Master, the one I stayed with the longest was a $40 Behringer DR-400 - it worked great. If I don't want to fool with the extra wires, I just use the reverb in my Quilter 101R or Evans RE200 - both are adequate for my purposes. I'm generally 'anti-pedal' but make an exception because I like a little reverb.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master ($199) combines a reverb and a delay into one convenient small pedal. Controls are simple and minimal. For some things I do like a very small touch of delay with my reverb. Most of the video demos go overboard with the effect, but the tone is really nice.

Dispatch Master Digital Delay & Reverb — EarthQuaker Devices
    The Dispatch Master is awesome. It's been a staple on my jazz/funk/rock board for years. A similar one that I also have is the CKK Space Station Pro, also great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Mr. Black DeluxePlus for me. Great spring reverb and tremolo!

DeluxePlus – Mr. Black
    Mr. Black makes great stuff. His Supermoon reverb is AWESOME, miss that one. But also like and use his Mini Reverb pedals in my two reverb-less amps, tucked in the back cabinet.

User Info Menu

If anyone is interested, I just put up the regular size HOF v1 in the for sale area for a good price. Got an HOF 2 because I wanted shimmer reverb.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master ($199) combines a reverb and a delay into one convenient small pedal. Controls are simple and minimal. For some things I do like a very small touch of delay with my reverb. Most of the video demos go overboard with the effect, but the tone is really nice.

Dispatch Master Digital Delay & Reverb — EarthQuaker Devices
    Great pedal…hard to get a bad sound out of it. Little trick if you use only the reverb side the Time knob controls the dwell on the reverb.

Another great pedal if you like spring reverb and Fender type vibrato is the Mr. Black DeluxeDeluxePlus – Mr. Black

edit: oops I see we got a couple of Mr Black fans here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Encinitastubes
    I use the Mad Professor Silver Spring exclusively for two reasons. First, most pedals I tried thinned out my fundamental tone. The MP leaves it in tact. Second, there is a bit of delay before the reverb hits, just enough so that it does not wash over your tone or effect your attack. I wouldn't consider it a spring emulation, but for a crack of reverb, it works better than anything, including my built in reverbs.
    Pulled the plug on one today - can't wait!

David

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat
    Does anyone use the Mad Professor Silver Spring pedal? To be honest, would love a more characterful sound for chord melody. This guy seems to achieve it, but with several expensive pedals according to YT - see below.

BC:
    I had one for years. Excellent reverb. Not spring so much as a blend of hall, room and spring. Beautiful sound. Spacious and warm. I now use a OneControl Prussian Blue. Similar. Equally tasty reverb in a smaller footprint. Works better for me, but that is as much the function of a tiny board as anything else. IMO, you cannot go wrong the the Silver Spring.

User Info Menu

I have been really enjoying the Walrus Audio Fathom. It has a built in "secret" delay and reverb algorithm that you can access and use it like the EQD Dispatch Master. Plus, it has a Sustain switch that works like the EHX Freeze but with reverb instead of a synth sound. It's fun for intros and endings but you have to be careful because it's additive. One sour note and you have to rebuild the pad!

User Info Menu

I stumbled upon this thread in my endless struggle to consolidate my love for weird reverb and being a Jazz guitarist. I recently bought a Strymon Nightsky that I love, but I can’t seem to integrate it into my more Jazz-centric leanings. The issue I’m having is that the long reverb trails, which end up being quite pitch-heavy, create too much dissonance. Maybe I need to just embrace that though.

Has anybody here managed to make anything with longer, denser reverb trails work in their playing? I’m trying to avoid the Jakob Bro thing, as much as I love him, because too many others are borrowing from that already.