The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 58

User Info Menu

Recent, more affordable Keeley Hydra is kind of a head-to-head contender with the older, more expensive Strymon Flint for a multi-reverb, multi-tremolo pedal. I quite liked the Hydra, but I had occasional issues with presets and weird changes in gain. Those were not deal-breakers because it sounded so good. In the end I sold it because my band was getting back together in the (hopefully) latter stages of the pandemic and the Line 6 HX Effects was a better overall fit. (After a recent update, the quality of reverbs on the HX Effects was noticeably improved. If you need multiple effects, don’t sleep on a used HX Effects.)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi everyone,
    happy to read that many of you are using mini HOF and appreciate it because i also own it but have to admit that i am a little bit lost with all tone print options... it is my first reverb pedal so i never explored the different verb type (plate, spring,..) and only used my amps'one (BFVR and Henriksen Blu). I bought the pedal to build an easy to grab pedalboard when i do not use my own amps and after i tried several tone prints i just came back to the first TC HOF verb. I also would like to use it instead of the henriksen one to be able to switch ON/OFF reverb effect during a song.
    I would like a verb in Gilad Hekselman style and i curious to know which tone print users of the community choose and for which style/reasons .
    Julien
    Last edited by Zheul; 07-06-2021 at 09:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Actually, I have this pedal and honestly its sounds awesome. I think you would really like it. It has 5 types of reveb and a reverse reverb. All analog. Highly recommended.

Marshall RF-1 Reflector Reverb Pedal Marshall RF-1 Reflector Reverb Pedal | EarsBlastElectronics | Reverb

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Longways to Go
    I like my Digitech Polara reverb pedal, but I see that it is discontinued.
    I bought it used at a local shop & it turned out to be great.
    I believe it is basically the same as the older Digitech Hardwire RV-7.

Why not just go see what the local shops or pawn shops have in stock?
    I have the Digitech RV-7. I like it. It's discontinued, but pretty easy to find used.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by st.bede
    I will have to mention that in my experiences TC Electronic is one of the worst companies to deal with when it come to repair. I have them one my “never by again” list even though I like some of their stuff. When my Nova Delay broke, to fix it was going to cost almost the same price as new, and they wanted me to ship it to Canada. I have delt with a lot of companies for repairs and have never had the same level of problems. Source Audio was excellent. Boss/Roland was a bit more of a pain but still reasonable. Right now I have an Empress Zoia that needs to be fixed. I have to send it in but everything has been flowing smoothly so far. Pedal break and when they are expensive, it is important to be able to get them fixed.
    TC reliability/service used to be great, but ever since Behringer bought them, it's gone downhill fast. I have had 2 die on me. I love the ones I have, but I won't be buying any more TC products unfortunately. They make my favorite "tape" echoes.

User Info Menu

My 18 yr. old has a Strymon Reverb that has some cool sounds. I love my El Capistan so I know that Strymon makes great stuff. Might be worth checking out?

User Info Menu

Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master ($199) combines a reverb and a delay into one convenient small pedal. Controls are simple and minimal. For some things I do like a very small touch of delay with my reverb. Most of the video demos go overboard with the effect, but the tone is really nice.

Dispatch Master Digital Delay & Reverb — EarthQuaker Devices

User Info Menu

Does anyone use the Mad Professor Silver Spring pedal? To be honest, would love a more characterful sound for chord melody. This guy seems to achieve it, but with several expensive pedals according to YT - see below.

Effects & Pedals:Earthquaker Devices Avalanche RunEmpress ReverbPedaltrain Spark ISO (Power)Valhalla VintageVerb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    (…) our friend neatomic* (…)
    * Miss you, amigo!
    …Something happened to neatomic?

Reverb-wise: I still remember when big one knob Hermida Reverb was about the only reverb pedal in any market. Now there is tons of them. Many very good.

+1 for JHS 3 Reverb. Only three knobs, I hate too many knobs in the gigging rig. I bought it and sold the Topanga which has four knobs. I had started to hear it too harsh and digital. But it served fine many good years.

I had a HOF Mini too but after a while I started to hate to trim it thru a laptop. And then I had a J. Rockett Boing (only one knob!) but then I started to hear it as a series of fast and cold delays instead of reverb (whatever it is).

I too use the reverb only in minor portions, not really for any atmospherical effect.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zheul
    Hi everyone,
    happy to read that many of you are using mini HOF and appreciate it because i also own it but have to admit that i am a little bit lost with all tone print options... it is my first reverb pedal so i never explored the different verb type (plate, spring,..) and only used my amps'one (BFVR and Henriksen Blu). I bought the pedal to build an easy to grab pedalboard when i do not use my own amps and after i tried several tone prints i just came back to the first TC HOF verb. I also would like to use it instead of the henriksen one to be able to switch ON/OFF reverb effect during a song.
    I would like a verb in Gilad Hekselman style and i curious to know which tone print users of the community choose and for which style/reasons .
    Julien
    This is really a matter of personal taste. The toneprint I use most is the Ambience. It doesn't do a lot, and I keep it low, because all I want is just the barest amount of reverb. If I can easily tell it's on, it's too high. But that's just me. Other toneprints I like are the default TC and room, and the Guitar Center "Lost in the Tone". I have no idea at all what Hekselman uses. About all I can recommend is to browse the toneprints and see what interests you, and try them.

User Info Menu

The Boing has always intrigued me; anyone have/try one?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    The Boing has always intrigued me; anyone have/try one?
    I used the Boing for a few years. I like the dead simplicity of it. I think it sounds pretty good. I then graduated to the True Spring. After that I graduated to an actual reverb tank.

User Info Menu

Mr. Black DeluxePlus for me. Great spring reverb and tremolo!

DeluxePlus – Mr. Black

User Info Menu

I use the Mad Professor Silver Spring exclusively for two reasons. First, most pedals I tried thinned out my fundamental tone. The MP leaves it in tact. Second, there is a bit of delay before the reverb hits, just enough so that it does not wash over your tone or effect your attack. I wouldn't consider it a spring emulation, but for a crack of reverb, it works better than anything, including my built in reverbs.

User Info Menu

Still love my Boss FRV-1. It’s probably not the ultimate or best reverb but when I use it on my Twin Reverb I can’t distinguish between the Boss and the built in spring unit…. But I only use a little bit of verb and it’s always on.

I like the Boss RV-6 it gives you some choices.

User Info Menu

Or maybe I should save 120€ and go for this.................................? Does anyone here use one?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    …Something happened to neatomic?

Reverb-wise: I still remember when big one knob Hermida Reverb was about the only reverb pedal in any market. Now there is tons of them. Many very good.

+1 for JHS 3 Reverb. Only three knobs, I hate too many knobs in the gigging rig. I bought it and sold the Topanga which has four knobs. I had started to hear it too harsh and digital. But it served fine many good years.

I had a HOF Mini too but after a while I started to hate to trim it thru a laptop. And then I had a J. Rockett Boing (only one knob!) but then I started to hear it as a series of fast and cold delays instead of reverb (whatever it is).

I too use the reverb only in minor portions, not really for any atmospherical effect.
    Neatomic, once a prolific and informative poster, has not posted for quite a while now. I have not been able to get any clue about him.

I like the Boss RV-6 it gives you choices and a mid-lin price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Neatomic, once a prolific and informative poster, has not posted for quite a while now. I have not been able to get any clue about him.
    Let's hope that he is ok and only on vacation from these jazz guitar conversations.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat
    Or maybe I should save 120€ and go for this.................................? Does anyone here use one?

No one? Does everyone use top end boutique pedals for 'jazz' applications? Complete debutante on this one having only ever used amp verbs until now.

User Info Menu

+1 for JHS 3 Reverb. Only three knobs, I hate too many knobs in the gigging rig.

The JHS 3 does appeal with its simplicity and minimalist design. That said, how easy is it to achieve what would otherwise be presets elsewhere eg 'Room'?

User Info Menu

My $.02, I prefer using delay over reverb, many good pedals in the market.

I like the Boss RV-6 it gives you choices and is not too costly for what you get.

User Info Menu

I also use the TC Hall Of Fame reverb pedal.
    Though for recording I have an old Fostex rack mount spring reverb in one of my mixing boards effects loops.
    Thoughts on reverb pedals-screen-shot-2021-07-08-8-43-52-pm-png