The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nah, I like both.

What I hate is the Tele-Pauls with two humbuckers and a (shudder) Bigsby.

User Info Menu

The difference is in the full string length between terminations.

When you bend a string, you are not just stretching the sounding string length between the nut and bridge saddle; you're also stretching the string length between the nut and the tuning peg, and between the bridge saddle and the end of the string's ball end mount.

Longer stretch length of string makes bending feel slinky (easier) because you bend further to reach the same tension... its a relationship between force, distance, work, power thing.

User Info Menu

I think people in general, and guitar players in particular, are disposed to make mountains of molehills, and to find things to disagree about, purely as a form of entertainment. A good squabble over trivial matters is at least diverting up until the two sides actually come to blows, at which points bets can be made, and money change hands, and thus take on real meaning and value.

User Info Menu

The lighter Tele Thinline is a good idea but it rubs me wrong, too fancy pants. A Tele should be a plank of wood and nearly indestructible.

User Info Menu

A Tele is not a Tele unless it’s a Tele.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    In new Meconium Green!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Nah, I like both.

Sounds exactly like a Tele that I would love!

User Info Menu

Anyone remember the Telecaster Elites (briefly) from the mid '80s? Active pickups, and yes, top-loader bridge

User Info Menu

Fender marketing will run each rabbit trail in search of a buck. Probably as it should be. They call this an Offset Korina Telecaster. Not really all that close to being a Telecaster. And way heavy. But plays and sounds good so I don't care what they call it.

The WORST thing Fender ever did to a Telecaster-fender-limited-edition-kori-aged-natural-2-jpg

User Info Menu

What's great about Fenders especially Teles are they are Hot Roddable! So I like all the variations.

User Info Menu

Double cut away. Fugly!!!!!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Wel maybe in this case I'd male an exception, FUGLY!

User Info Menu

That Tele-Vee wasn't Fender, just someone's idea of a joke. At least, I think they were joking.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Nah, I like both.

Agree with you Mr B re- Bigsby's - on anything - anywhere. Closest thing to a Cow Catcher in design history! However, love my MIM Player Tele with 2 HBs and coil split now that the neck is a DM 36th Anniversary ( thank you for your conseil Jim Soloway ).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    The lighter Tele Thinline is a good idea but it rubs me wrong, too fancy pants. A Tele should be a plank of wood and nearly indestructible.
    Thinlines are the only teles I'm willing to play. I hate heavy weight guitars more than anything.