The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 63 of 63

User Info Menu

I have Kent's handmade floater on two of my guitars and in my opinion it is a great pickup. I wouldn't change the bridge. If you look on the underside of the Sadowsky saddle, it should be marked for either a wound or unwound G. I recently purchased an El Rey 4 and I was going to swap the Eastman saddle out but the posts are on different centers so I have to swap out the bridge as well. I have one but didn't feel like sanding it down to match the top just yet. Yeah, I'd leave the 805CE alone.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Welcome Vee_Voe, You've made a couple of fine choices with those pieces. It's hard not to like the Eastmans even when you compare them with guitars that are twice the price. You're new here so you might like to visit some of our old Eastman and Yunzi threads. There's a lot of members here who have had Yunzi make custom orders for them and they were all pleased. Thanks for showing us your guitars. AG

User Info Menu

Welcome to the Forum Vee-voe
    The pix are great , Eastmans are very good vfm. had a lovely 910 some years back
    but px'd for a Gibson. The 910 had a terrific acoustic and amplified sound and tone.
    Also purchased an ER2 as a gift to our Granddaughter before she joined University
    studying music she loved it (and graduated with honours .)

Welcome to the forum Vee_voe. The guitars look absolutely stunning in these pictures. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of case do you have with the Ar805 anniversary? I've been looking for a similar style case for a while and have had trouble finding one. Enjoy the git'!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swingin' Steve
    Welcome to the forum Vee_voe. The guitars look absolutely stunning in these pictures. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of case do you have with the Ar805 anniversary? I've been looking for a similar style case for a while and have had trouble finding one. Enjoy the git'!
    It's a TKL custom tweed case, I actually bought it a while back for an OM acoustic of mine. It never got used and it fits any of my 16" archtops like a glove. I believe you can still custom order one from TKL.

User Info Menu

Nope, doesn't look funny at all. And that's my old Eastman non cutaway from like 2010 or so. Congratulations, nice guitar!

User Info Menu

Awesome! Did you have the pickguard made? I just got the guitar and the pickguard is beautiful in person. I'll probably end up putting this guard on my cutaway and get an L5 non cutaway guard for this one.

User Info Menu

I bought the guitar as is from the original owner on ebay in 2011...$1000 at that time. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Is the Eastman AR805/905 parallel braced?

I cannot find any definitive info re this issue - I want to know since I might buy one or the other model IF it is indeed parallel-braced for sheer acoustic cut and volume...
    a more "modern" cross-braced archtop might not have the cutting power I want (for a classic Oldtime Jazz/Swing 6-piece band).

AFAIK both models are out of production at this time but they come up for sale pretty regularly so if you happen to see one for sale then please let me know, Thanks !

User Info Menu

I used to own one of these in an 910CE. That guitar was parallel braced. I would think the lesser or early model 805CE would be parallel braced as well. But that's an assumption on my part. There are many 805CE owners here and I'd think someone would soon verify what the bracing is.

User Info Menu

My 2004/5 Eastman non-cut is X braced. And it is loud, really LOUD. I play with violin, clarinet and a second guitar. We rehearse without amplification, not problem. I play mostly rhythm.

User Info Menu

My issue is not the sheer volume alone but the certain sound that the guitar gets with a parallel-braced top. That's a bit difficult to hear in a video, especially when the player does not dig in but plays only "pretty" - not what I'm after in the particular case .... I need to be heard+ felt above the drums and Bass.

User Info Menu

My 2006 AR 805CE is X-braced and absolutely sounds exactly that way.

It is loud and balanced acoustically, but if you want to fire midrange canon shells across the band and hit the back wall of the room, it is not your beast.