The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

I just finished assembling this as a (now belated) christmas gift for a loved one. After doing some research on pickups, I decided to try out the Fender Alnico 3 Nocaster Pickups. These are awesome!

The neck is a padauk neck from Warmoth, 59 contour, Fender Scale. I finished it using Tru Oil, about 4 light coats. It feels and looks great. The body is from Guitar Mill, light relic. I have built 4 Teles using bodies from Guitar Mill and have been extremely happy with every body from them.

Partscaster xmas gift-img_6164-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It looks really nice!

User Info Menu

Beauty!

User Info Menu

Great job of subtle relicing. Love the light crazing.

Group photo before it goes to its new owner.

Partscaster xmas gift-img_6170-jpg

The sky blue one might be especially interesting to the people here. It has a 24.75" neck, also a deep neck contour like a 50s Gibson, and humbuckers. I set it up with 13 - 52 strings and keep it set up the same way as my archtops. It really feels like some blend between an archtop and tele. It's amazing what a versatile guitar a telecaster is: with a different setup its a completely different guitar. Here's a little clip of that one in action through a Gibson GA 25.

Last edited by omphalopsychos; 01-07-2021 at 12:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Lovely piece of work! May the lucky recipient play it in good health!

Nice playing! I use a Nash sky blue tele with Lawler med. wind Humbuckers and 12 flatwounds tuned down a half-step. I once asked Ted Green how he got such a great jazz tone out of his telecasters. After the tech stuff he said if all else fails I cut out the back of my guitar and put Lenny Breau tapes in it!

User Info Menu

This is the tele I want with humbuckers, rosewood (?) fretboard, and sky blue color.

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    Group photo before it goes to its new owner.

Partscaster xmas gift-img_6170-jpg

The sky blue one might be especially interesting to the people here. It has a 24.75" neck, also a deep neck contour like a 50s Gibson, and humbuckers. I set it up with 13 - 52 strings and keep it set up the same way as my archtops. It really feels like some blend between an archtop and tele. It's amazing what a versatile guitar a telecaster is: with a different setup its a completely different guitar. Here's a little clip of that one in action through a Gibson GA 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    This is the tele I want with humbuckers, rosewood (?) fretboard, and sky blue color.
    Yep! Rosewood on roasted maple, no finish.

User Info Menu

Padauk neck, wow, I haven't seen that before, looks nice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    I can make that happen for you anytime...