The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks, a great story. Reminds me of when Peavey contracted Landola, a relatively small Finnish guitar-maker, for a huge number of acoustic guitars. The manufacturer had to rapidly expand its workforce in the rather small town it was based. Reputedly, they hired anybody who walked in. Contrary to the "Kalamazoo Gals'" achievements, Landola shipped one lemon after another, and it all ended in bankruptcy and tears.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up on this, got it as a kindle edition for 9.99.
    i recall reading in a book on WWII industrial production that Gibson’s assigned war effort was wooden gliders and fine wound electrical coils for relays and such.

User Info Menu

good stuff!...

and of course there was the famous reverb tank maker label from o.c. electronics..."manufactured by beautiful girls in milton wis."

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 11-16-2020 at 02:05 PM. Reason: corr-

Anyone ever played on of these Gibson Banners? I wonder if they made any archtops?

User Info Menu

deleted

User Info Menu

The only Gibson archtops with banner labeled headstocks, I've seen are on a few years of wartime L-50's.

User Info Menu

according to the duchossoir gibson electrics book..the only two archtops gibson offered during the war were the L-50 ^ & the L-7

cheers

User Info Menu

Maybe 6 years ago my sister got hired by Gibson in Nashville.Never heard much from her but worried about her because of all that was happening at the company.But she never missed a day.A couple weeks ago my Brother sent me a photo of a specialty guitar she was workin on for gibson or a rich customer of Gibson.i was shocked my little sister!I got another photo of another one she was working on.Is she a luthier or what i gotta call her.I will send the photos or at least try.oh my 76 les paul is from the kalamazoo gals.I think there reputation is true.