The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I love when I see refinished guitars.

But its not so common in the archtop world.

Any, lets say... es-225 in Pelham Blue ? A L-5 in metallic red ? Something cool to see ?

Hope all having a great Saturday!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

L5 in violin finish ala Eastman ? Or blue burst ? or stripped ala EVH ?

User Info Menu

When this guitar popped up, it was pretty polarizing. I'm in the camp that likes it....I think its subtle and well done.

User Info Menu

I rather like this colour.
    Attached Images Attached Images Original looking restored/refinished/modded guitars ?-b1cff737d22015df5f6cf67bd527181e-jpg Original looking restored/refinished/modded guitars ?-3cc6614e3b0f831959ed8f5aeef39ead-archtop-guitar-acoustic-guitars-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 11-10-2020 at 11:15 PM.

User Info Menu

Collectors prefer relics over well-maintained/improved instruments. This seems to be particularly true about early solidbodies, such as Strats, in which a changed pot or capacitor knocks off four- or five-digit figures of the value. Yet, many current Strat owners keep changing components of these mass-mass produced slabs of wood that, in their industrial simplicity, could be Ikea designs. Old violins fetch up to millions, yet they have gone through many repairs and changes, which have kept them alive through the centuries. Why are changes allowed in some sub-cultures while a no-no in others? My workshop is in the same building as a MC club (with no reputation of crime but scary enough to keep thugs away), and no two Harleys out there are similar. In fact, their riders are more uniform in appearance.