The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Saw this thing for sale in the UK

Trace Elliot Velocette Black mid 90's
    Trace Elliot Velocette Black mid 90's | Richard’s Really | Reverb

I remember these amps being great - anyone?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

uk trace elliot made some great amps...known primarily for touring friendly bass amps, but had some nice guitar amps as well...they were bought by gibson, who closed the uk manufacturing, and built some stateside for a couple of years, before folding it altogether

these days trace -elliot is brand owned by peavey

cheers

User Info Menu

They were great, still kicking myself for not buying one when I had the chance years ago...

User Info Menu

The fretless bassist in my last gig, who gigged with Bucky Pizzareli (and scores of others), used a Trace Elliot amp for both his electric and upright basses. Got a terrific tone from both.

User Info Menu

I think the Velocette is modelled on the old Gibson amps - at least cosmetically.... I'm note sure how deep the resemblance goes, but I remember it sounding terrific for jazz guitar when I played through a friend's.

User Info Menu

Great amp.
    Edgy Marshall cleans to searing leads.
    Loud!
    Very touch sensitive.
    Clean to liquid over-drive with your guitar volume.
    Just leave the volume on 80%
    Loud!
    There was an issue with plastic tube sockets and blown transformers. Use Google.
    I was a idiot for selling mine. I had to finance something else.

User Info Menu

Amazing amps. I had a Gibson GA30RVS - first Gibson-branded Trace Elliot after the acquisition in the late 90s, I think, and shared some DNA with the Velocette. It was UK-made, but at some point production shifter elsewhere. My son has it now. It was a sweet amp, but a back-breaker and effing LOUD.

User Info Menu

Velocettes are great!
    Trace Eliot Velocette-vthruxton69-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JFranck
    Velocettes are great!
    Trace Eliot Velocette-vthruxton69-jpg
    I was just about writing about my vague memory about a Velocette moped in my childhood, but you beat me to it. Classical and beautiful British bike, to a large extent handmade in Birmingham. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocette

User Info Menu

It is very pretty.

User Info Menu

I tried one at the time but there wasn't nearly enough true clean headroom for my purposes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    I tried one at the time but there wasn't nearly enough true clean headroom for my purposes.
    Correct, not a lot of clean tones in it. But a great little screamer for rock. Light, too. A 15lb carry.

User Info Menu

Buy it!

Sought after so will hold its value.