The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 57 of 57

User Info Menu

Ha! Is your tune BILLISH as in Bill Frisell (ish) or as in Billie Eilish Just kidding!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by DaPapa
    Hi Jakub! Love your music man! Following on Spotify! Hope to hear more!

Also this thread made me decide against a humbucker in the neck and go with a Filtertron instead! Thanks!
    Hi DaPapa!

Thanks a lot, you might want to check out my YT channel - we’ve just released a new tune and 3 more coming every Tuesday - in two weeks we’ll release Billish including Emil Miszk on trumpet, I love the new version and his solo on it!

Jakub ?o?ubak Trio - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by DaPapa
    Ha! Is your tune BILLISH as in Bill Frisell (ish) or as in Billie Eilish Just kidding!
    I get that question frequently but to be honest I’m so bad in non-jazz music that it didn’t even cross my mind when coming up with this title Installing a Filtertron Pickup on my Telecaster I don’t listen to the radio, nor do I have a tv, so it’s difficult to be up to date with new music

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    That's the one. I've got one in my Hahn Model C and really like it. I too was inspired by that pickup (TV Jones Classic) in Jakob Bro and Bill Frisell's Nash guitars.

One thing to consider is that several pickup brands offer a Filtertron design in a humbucker-sized housing (so you wouldn't need to cut your guitar's pickguard). TV Jones offer one, but with slighty different cosmetics. Lollar, Mojo, Creamery, Oil City and several others offer dead-on looking Filtertrons in a humbucker size.

Attachment 74113
    That is great looking!

User Info Menu

I have three different guitars with TV Jones PUs. The PUs are great. However, I like the hotter(ish) TV Jones for a little more roundness of tone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzjazz
    I get that question frequently but to be honest I’m so bad in non-jazz music that it didn’t even cross my mind when coming up with this title Installing a Filtertron Pickup on my Telecaster I don’t listen to the radio, nor do I have a tv, so it’s difficult to be up to date with new music
    my kids tell me that the new music isnt happening on radio or tv since a decade or so =)

great tone and feel, well done.