The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 96

User Info Menu

I'm a little embarrassed at how many guitars and amps I've accumulated over the years... and unfortunately, I love every single one of them, like Solomon and his 1000 wives. People ask me "Do you play them all?" and the answer is, "Yes!" Each day basically I pick one guitar and one amp and that's what I play for that day. Sometimes it varies, but I like spending the day with one guitar and one amp.

Today it's the ES175 "Figured" that I bought from Joe/Max405 on the forum, and the 90's Polytone Minibrute II.

What are you playing today?

Guitar and Amp of the Day-es175-polytone-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The MiniBrute II is an awesome amp!

User Info Menu

Dang that 175 shines like a jewel.

User Info Menu

Unfortunately at the moment I'm playing an Alienware M18x and HP ZBook 17 thru a wireless connection paying the bills as an IT guy. If I'm lucky later it might be an Epiphone Emperor T thru a Peavey Classic 20 MH....

Cheers!Guitar and Amp of the Day-20200430_095317-jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Like every day, I'm playing my Wu. I'm also playing my Benedetto Bambino Deluxe for awhile. I tend to rotate guitars for a week or so, but it's really erratic. The Wu stays, though. I rotate through the amps, because my ear keeps changing. I keep the Little Jazz, MB-200, AI Clarus, and Vibrolux Reverb handy. I tend to play mostly through one, until it starts to sound less than perfect, then switch to another for awhile.

User Info Menu

Lawson,

I spend my early time drinking coffee and reviewing news, email, and texts each morning, and include this forum, as well as the local craigslist for anything in archtops. So, frequently I get inspired by what I read and see, or hear, and react accordingly. For example, your thread could be an inspiration for me to pick up a 175 and plug it into my Minibrute 4, or if i hear a 125 thread, like DB's, grab my 125. It is situational with me. Left on my own, probably grab the Campellone, L7, L5P, or Trenier, likely acoustically, or through my SeQuel Skoter, a small tube amp.

User Info Menu

Never a problem for me. I have one guitar (2014 American Standard w/AlNiCo 2 pickups from Seymour Duncan) and one amp ( Traynor YGL 1). There's never a choice. I don't really want to have to choose every day. I can cover almost everything with my set up.

User Info Menu

Since I’ve recently parted with my Epi 175 and my 345 is in desperate need of a refret, I’ve been plunkin around on my CV Tele through my Katana 100w and lovin every minute of it. What a great guitar. Guitar and Amp of the Day-b2f59308-94f8-43b8-8881-d857c34009fd-jpgGuitar and Amp of the Day-6d3eb9c6-e7ce-4518-b87a-1c3fac0340f5-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boogaloo
    Never a problem for me. I have one guitar (2014 American Standard w/AlNiCo 2 pickups from Seymour Duncan) and one amp ( Traynor YGL 1). There's never a choice. I don't really want to have to choose every day. I can cover almost everything with my set up.
    Like they said in the American Old West: Beware the man who wears only one gun. He certainly knows how to use it.

User Info Menu

My Super 400CES through a Raezor's Edge Twin 8. You got Kenny and Wes covered if I could only get the chops up to that speed.

User Info Menu

Gonna be a 2 guitar day. Just gotta.

The lil Yamaha has definitely taken over as "ultimate living room amp."

How do we rotate again?
    Attached Images Attached Images Guitar and Amp of the Day-20200430_110008-jpg 
    Last edited by mr. beaumont; 04-30-2020 at 04:09 PM.

User Info Menu

I’m a bit schizo
    Attached Images Attached Images Guitar and Amp of the Day-e87f834b-27c0-47d0-9b85-1620c2aed1eb-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    I’m a bit schizo
    I would simply call that prepared.

User Info Menu

Hofner Chancellor and Victoria Ivy League.
    Attached Images Attached Images Guitar and Amp of the Day-8b0bca15-8098-4448-bace-53e058894943-jpeg Guitar and Amp of the Day-7dfdcfae-3a55-442f-8c66-0dd94b978a72-jpeg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Hofner Chancellor and Victoria Ivy League.
    Gorgeous Hofner

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Esport
    Gorgeous Hofner
    Thanks! I was extremely lucky to chance into this guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Thanks! I was extremely lucky to chance into this guitar.
    the victoria ain't too shabby either...nice combo!!

cheers

User Info Menu

Wow. Gorgeous 175!!!

Benedetto Bravo for me.

User Info Menu

Tonight, I'm going to play my Heritage made Gretsch Eldorado. It has a very nice acoustic tone.

User Info Menu

Today, this one -- D'Angelico Ex DC. I was playing into my computer today (GarageBand, "Blackface" amp sim), but for the most part of late I've been playing into my Roland MicroCube (hard to use a "real" amp when everybody's home), or playing acoustic.

Guitar and Amp of the Day-angelicoexdc-jpg

John

User Info Menu

I’ve been playing this crazy little circa 1920 Maurer most days lately.

User Info Menu

A new day... today it'll be the 2015 Gibson L5ces and the Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue "Sweetwater Edition" with tweed and a 12" Cannabis Rex. This is about the closest I ever get to cannabis... and it's exhilarating!

Guitar bought from a forum member-great guitar, great price, great interaction. Amp bought at the recommendation of another forum member who then gave me out of sheer generosity a box of tubes to play with. Result, these two alone would be guitar heaven forever.

Guitar and Amp of the Day-l5-prri-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    A new day... today it'll be the 2015 Gibson L5ces and the Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue "Sweetwater Edition" with tweed and a 12" Cannabis Rex. This is about the closest I ever get to cannabis... and it's exhilarating!

Guitar bought from a forum member-great guitar, great price, great interaction. Amp bought at the recommendation of another forum member who then gave me out of sheer generosity a box of tubes to play with. Result, these two alone would be guitar heaven forever.

Guitar and Amp of the Day-l5-prri-jpg
    L-S, I love how that L-5 walks all over that Les Paul (blueprint on the floor)!
    Nice photo. What a great pair!

User Info Menu

1974 ES-175
    1964 Princeton

Guitar and Amp of the Day-ad00a819-33c4-483c-b756-e5d94d37f70b-jpg

User Info Menu

Seems like a tele kind of day for me....

Guitar and Amp of the Day-unnamed-jpg