The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

Gitterbug,

Yes Lawson's Faital Pro 8FE200 8" looks good, i bought a Celestion TF0818 it works fine. The Faital is approx £35 delivered here,

do you make TOOB Metro, they look great?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Durban
    Gitterbug,

Yes Lawson's Faital Pro 8FE200 8" looks good, i bought a Celestion TF0818 it works fine. The Faital is approx £35 delivered here,

do you make TOOB Metro, they look great?
    Yup, I do. Our friend Pingu's got one. A few other prototypes and pre-production samples have been in pro use in Finland, NY, Switzerland etc since June 2019. Some subcontractor hiccups and, latterly, the Pandemic, have slowed down the rollout, but we're 99% there. Our margins don't support the traditional three-tier trading structure, which is why there's only a few direct resellers outside Finland at this point. The trade isn't exactly forward-looking. A major UK dealer starting with "A " declined, stating they already carry a line of lightweight cabs. Well, they must have at least 5-6 makes of micro-amps, so why just one cab line? Not one US retailer has cared to respond to our messages. Fortunately, direct trade works. Some 200 TOOBs in 17 countries by now. All assembled by Yours Truly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Fortunately, direct trade works. Some 200 TOOBs in 17 countries by now. All assembled by Yours Truly.
    That's great! Here's to weathering this mess, and to your continued and increasing success.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Yup, I do. Our friend Pingu's got one. A few other prototypes and pre-production samples have been in pro use in Finland, NY, Switzerland etc since June 2019. Some subcontractor hiccups and, latterly, the Pandemic, have slowed down the rollout, but we're 99% there. Our margins don't support the traditional three-tier trading structure, which is why there's only a few direct resellers outside Finland at this point. The trade isn't exactly forward-looking. A major UK dealer starting with "A " declined, stating they already carry a line of lightweight cabs. Well, they must have at least 5-6 makes of micro-amps, so why just one cab line? Not one US retailer has cared to respond to our messages. Fortunately, direct trade works. Some 200 TOOBs in 17 countries by now. All assembled by Yours Truly.
    Gitterbug, i wish you every success your amps look great, I feel a bit guilty ( initially ) thinking LJ was expensive, it is not its reasonably priced, it just for me it is not quite what i prefer, Its also great you are not reluctant to engage as the maker of these amps, people like that a lot. Trust me on that.

If i may ask why a round cabinet ( i know nothing about this at all ) about 50 years ago i saw something in a US or UK magazine . no TV or computers in those days, where i grew up, anyway t some kind of hi-end Hi-Fi speakers in a tube i think 4-5 feet long apparently amazing.

So just curious why round, ( nothing bad here) dont laugh i put little speakers into big mugs and my mothers teacups, just messing around to hear the sound, i did not come to any conclusion.

Whilst on this did see something from Bose column speaker with loads little 4" speakers a line array thing, i think it was called L1 and it had a sub, like a mini PA rig.

Regards D

User Info Menu

I have a little DV Mark 2x8 cab for it. It is rated for 300 watts. Sounds like a larger cabinet with the lil Jazz. They go on sale for about $250 sometimes. Retail for $300.00.

User Info Menu

For my DVMark Micro50 head, I bought a cheap Randall 10" cabinet and replaced the Randall speaker with a Faital Pro 10FE200 300w 4 Ohm speaker and I've been very happy with it. I don't know what you need for combining an extension with the built in speaker.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tcaron20
    I have a little DV Mark 2x8 cab for it. It is rated for 300 watts. Sounds like a larger cabinet with the lil Jazz. They go on sale for about $250 sometimes. Retail for $300.00.
    Sorry for bumping this old thread, but does the cabinet work (safely) with the LJ speaker engaged too?
    If anyone else knows, let me know.

User Info Menu

You can use an extension cab with the internal speaker on or off, doesn't matter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug;[URL="tel:1025619"
    1025619[/URL]]Yup, I do. Our friend Pingu's got one.
    yes I’ve got a Toob metro with an eminence alphalite 6a in it
    l love it

for fun and experiment
    I’ve installed a
    SICA 6L 1.5 SL 6.5" speaker

and I’m testing that rig out ....
    (I think i like it even more than the alphalite)

User Info Menu

I have a DV Mark Micro 50. I bought it with a 2x8 closed back cabinet. It's a nice sound and very warm overall.
    They were both on sale at MF so it was very inexpensive gear. I use it as a practice amp.
    The same amp with an open back 12 sounds much brighter.

User Info Menu

I was thinking to get a 2 x 8 cab (probably the DV Mark 208) and use the LJ as a sort of monitor with the cab for the rest of the band/audience.