The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

Never had a Sonic Blue guitar...thanks to RS this is the year..

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1NpGTIml.jpg[/img

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Is it bound or unbound?
    The pix look like two different guitars.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 03-10-2020 at 10:40 AM.

User Info Menu

Sonic Blue and Sea Foam Green are both above reproach (my SFG tele & strat below).
    White jeans are required when playing guitars of those colours, however.

User Info Menu

A very nice shade of blue. It's my favorite color.
    Never heard of RS guitars before but will look into them based on this thread.

User Info Menu

Love the looks and feel of the neck on my Fender sonic blue tele with the dark rosewood fretboard. Love the sound too. I struggle with the body size though. Conflicted. The requisite white jeans may push me over the edge.

User Info Menu

Sweet, sweet axe. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Yes. Beautiful guitar. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Sweet, sweet axe. Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M
    Yes. Beautiful guitar. Enjoy!
    thank you sir.

User Info Menu

Man, that looks just delicious! Congrats on what appears to be a great build!

What kind of pickups did you install?

User Info Menu

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Man, that looks just delicious! Congrats on what appears to be a great build!

What kind of pickups did you install?
    Thank you! i used Lindy Fralin pups in this guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanS
    Very nice!
    thank you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby
    Thank you! i used Lindy Fralin pups in this guitar.
    Thanks, maple.

It was kinda' weird for me to see your Tele. I've had a Tele body--sonic blue, light relic, routed for a neck bucker, and a nice neck sitting around for a year. Your guitar is the vision that's been in my head! Trying to decide between a Lollar Low Wind Imperial and a TK Smith pickup I've seen Frisell use. Will definitely look into the Fralins. Heard a lot of good things.

A sonic blue Tele with a neck bucker. That's been my dream Tele for years. I really really don't need another guitar. And yet I think I need this...

Enjoy that thang! Long may she run!

User Info Menu

I love your tele! I actually love pastel colors on Fenders!!

Here's mine! 2017 Fender Traditional 60's Telecaster in Daphne Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Thanks, maple.

It was kinda' weird for me to see your Tele. I've had a Tele body--sonic blue, light relic, routed for a neck bucker, and a nice neck sitting around for a year. Your guitar is the vision that's been in my head! Trying to decide between a Lollar Low Wind Imperial and a TK Smith pickup I've seen Frisell use. Will definitely look into the Fralins. Heard a lot of good things.

A sonic blue Tele with a neck bucker. That's been my dream Tele for years. I really really don't need another guitar. And yet I think I need this...

Enjoy that thang! Long may she run!
    That is so cool...thanks for sharing this with me. They say great minds.... Lollar pups, that i've had experience with, are super nice - i love the LF's too. RS works very closely with him to get some really nice pups to their specific specs. I totally agree, this set up on a tele covers a lot of bases. Thanks for your kind words and I'd LOVE to hear about yours as it progresses.

dale

Quote Originally Posted by dreamingJazz
    I love your tele! I actually love pastel colors on Fenders!!

Here's mine! 2017 Fender Traditional 60's Telecaster in Daphne Blue

Oh my! that's a beautiful guitar and looks almost identical to mine..thanks for sharing this post and pic! Enjoy, she's a beauty!

User Info Menu

I don't need this guitar, but I need this guitar, lol...

I bought a mahogany neck because it was a good price. Not sure how that will affect the tone.

Long way to go. Thanks for the motivation!

RS Guitarworks Tele Build-img_4462-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby
    Oh my! that's a beautiful guitar and looks almost identical to mine..thanks for sharing this post and pic! Enjoy, she's a beauty!
    I'm a sucker for bindings and very dark rosewood fretboard...

I just wish mine has a P90 or humbucker route like yours so I can change it up a bit.. its my number 2, and my number 1 is an AVRI 62 that has the same specs as this..

this and my number 1 have been set up completely the same, nut height/string action, etc etc etc.. If they had the same neck shape and weight, I wouldnt be able to tell which is which..