The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

So, some moron was practicing his guitar in the hotel room next to mine while I was trying to sleep....I raised hell at the front desk and got my room 1/2 price. The guy next door is now not welcome at the hotel chain anywhere.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    So, some moron was practicing his guitar in the hotel room next to mine while I was trying to sleep....I raised hell at the front desk and got my room 1/2 price. The guy next door is now not welcome at the hotel chain anywhere.
    That was probably me; sorry about that.

User Info Menu

I have a VoyageAir guitar for travel which I like a lot—it’s a mini dread, but I have a soundhole pickup if I want to amp it. They also make electrics—none currently available on their website but should resume soon. Personally I like the idea of a full size guitar for travel. Their folding necks are very cool and highly functional, and the guitar is every bit as good as any laminate flattop at a similar price point.

As far as amps, I will second a Pignose. It has a reputation for being an overdrive machine—“a fuzz pedal in a speaker cab”—but at low to mid-volume it is pretty clean. You can turn it up and turn the volume down on the guitar for a cleaner sound as well.

I have a Danelectro mini amp, and I’m not impressed that this is a serious machine. It’s kind of a toy. I actually took mine apart and was going to put it into a cigar box just for the heck of it, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. If you want decent sound this will disappoint you, IMO.

I have used the AmpliTube app with a powered speaker as well as with headphones, and I like it quite a bit. Personally I’d like a Bose speaker, but we have a Nakamichi and a Philips which are much cheaper and will get the job done.