The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

i liked the 300 better. but there are factors beyond marginal sound differences, so in the end only you can figure it out.

but i'd keep my money.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm with Vinlander. Get the 350. No need for both pieces. Truth be told,I liked your sound with the your 125 just as much.

User Info Menu

DB only you could convince me its the one to keep...cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog
    I have 0.11 Tis on the 300 and I did not like what was on the 350 so I strung the 350 with a 0.12 TI set. The result is that the guitars sound even more similar I think. I expect the 350 will sound slighter duller after the strings have been broken in. People asked for some chordal stuff to compare the guitars further so here it is.

Anyway, the 350 is a very expensive guitar (7.5K euro) and I really love it but also wonder if I do not have that sound in the 300 already. I really need to sell a guitar to be able to afford it. Either the 300 or the Tal Farlow should go. Mmmmm ... first world problem. Maybe it's all just a GAS attack.

On the other hand, I don't think I will ever see a blonde 1952 ES 350 again in my country ... Vintage guitars are rare over here. And it was always my dream guitar. Choices, choices ...

DB
    nice playing! Reminds me a bit of Jimmy Raney. Love that tune as well.

the tone on the 300 is more alive to me, probably due to the single pickup. Cheers, JT

User Info Menu

Where is Dutch Bopper these days? Haven’t seen any posts from him for a while. Hope he is ok.
    Keith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    Where is Dutch Bopper these days? Haven’t seen any posts from him for a while. Hope he is ok.
    Keith
    This was uploaded last month:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Tubb
    nice playing! Reminds me a bit of Jimmy Raney. Love that tune as well.

the tone on the 300 is more alive to me, probably due to the single pickup. Cheers, JT
    He left the forum, but he’s active elsewhere online (e.g., Facebook and YouTube).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink
    This was uploaded last month:
    So he ended up with the 350 after all. I would have too. The 350 - and the L5 - are the two best guitars I have never owned. They are rare and very expensive in Europe.

I'm late to the party - four years late to be exact - but one reason for the slight difference in sound between this 350 and the 300 which was described in some of the posts four years ago may be that the neck PU seems to be placed closer to the bridge on the 300 than on the 350. (They have the same scale length and the same number of frets.)