The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

I ran across this on Facebook this morning and I really like the look of this guitar. The size and configuration is almost perfect for my taste. And it has a ot of really nice visual touches. It's 15.3" with a 24.75" scale length. It has a Haussel humbucker in the neck, a Baggs acoustic bridge pickup, and volume tone and blend controls. The neck has carbon graphite reinforcement. I have no idea how much they cost but I suspect more than I can afford.

A really lovely archtop by Frech Luthier Adrien Collet-collet3-jpgA really lovely archtop by Frech Luthier Adrien Collet-collet2-jpgA really lovely archtop by Frech Luthier Adrien Collet-collet1-jpg

Here's a short video.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very nice!

User Info Menu

very nice sound with the blended pickups. Tames the piezo type tone with the fat humbucker

User Info Menu

where are the volume and tone controls?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by callouscallus
    where are the volume and tone controls?
    I'm not sure. I've contacted him though to find out more (incuding the price). I'll let you know when I get some answers. I hate falling in love with a look but that's really one of the nicest finishes I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 01-12-2020 at 03:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Jim,

Not only good looking, but smart sounding too. Not just another pretty face!
    Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear what you find out about price.

Also, you're going to miss the artic air mass dropping down out of the Frasier valley this week! Cheers.

Steve

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Jim,

Not only good looking, but smart sounding too. Not just another pretty face!
    Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear what you find out about price.

Also, you're going to miss the artic air mass dropping down out of the Frasier valley this week! Cheers.

Steve
    I'm not sure this link will work but it's from my last winter in BC. Miss thatarctic air mass? Maybe not

Content Not Found

User Info Menu

Here's what appears to be another picture of the guitar showing the controls, a switch, and a cover for the battery compartment on the bottom...

Sweet guitar, btw.

A really lovely archtop by Frech Luthier Adrien Collet-adrien-collet-fine-line-side-jpg

User Info Menu

Also another You Tube example of the guitar.

User Info Menu

Such s beautiful instrument. I have seen this guitar before. The controls are on the rim near the strap pin.

Here is Roman Pilon playing that same guitar, I believe...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by archtopeddy

A really lovely archtop by Frech Luthier Adrien Collet-adrien-collet-fine-line-side-jpg
    That's the weirdest spot for controls I've ever seen. And it's for sure not a smart spot.
    It's hard to reach the controls.
    You have to fumble around, because you can't see them.
    You can't put the guitar on the floor and may be even some guitar-stands are problematic.
    You probably can't use regular cases and gig bags.

BUT...
    I like the way the battery cover looks.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Gorgeous tone and appearance. If the controls are going to be on the rim, I would prefer the upper bout.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 339 in june
    Close enough. Out of my range.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    Close enough. Out of my range.
    Sorry !