The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 35 of 35

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MHoranzy
    i am shopping, yes. I prefer something modern, thin yet acoustic, humbucker, and of serious quality. The SS-15 is EXACTLY what I’d like to have. A big acoustic sound in a body under two inches thick, largely due to the absence of a bridge pickup. Just curious what the comparable guitars are in all price ranges.

OK, thanks. [Not sure where you live, but ..] Used Sadowsky's are about $4000 USD or more, Eastmans maybe +/- $1000, Epiphones in the hundreds somewhere, and other boutique builders who can custom-design the guitar you're describing could be between $3500 - 20,000, depending on who, what woods, carved vs. laminated, etc. So, again, lots of options, and budget matters.

The custom Heritage above was a great idea, too.

I'd give Steve Holst a call - he can make whatever you want!

User Info Menu

Weird thread. I like thin guitars and I VASTLY prefer guitars with one pickup. I don't know why that would bother anyone any more than if I said I like guitars with sunburst finishes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silvertonebetty
    The Eastman dosent use p90s ps soap bar is a p90 with out the dog ear covers. I do recommend checking them or Ibenaz out .
    None of those have the thinline body the OP wants. They are all 3" thick or so.

Another option is to go the semi custom route. Warmoth, for example, will build you a single pick up semi hollow body to which you can attach the neck of your choice.

The Eastman ER-4 may be both the most available and economical option.
    Last edited by Cunamara; 12-28-2019 at 12:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Hamer Improv...Only 25 built, but here's one currently for sale.

Hamer Improv Vintage Sunburst USED (153)

A custom heritage is a great idea, and a schottmueller semi is the DREAM. Can’t afford to fly out and purchase one new, and they don’t come up for sale used!

The Eastman ER4 and T146 are great recommendations. However, I’ve always felt that eastmans don’t have a very satisfying amplified sound (Tim Lerch even agrees in the video posted above).

Ideally, price would be under 3k, making things like heritage, Sadowsky, VB, Collings, and most custom boutique builders untouchable.

For those wondering, currently I play a Carvin SH550. It’s great, highly versatile, in fact i think it’s the best guitar for the working guitarist who can only choose one. I’m looking for something with slightly less solid body sound. Like the Sadowsky ss-15, schottmueller semi, or VB but in my budget. I know it’s a big ask! I think this is a gap that needs to be filled!

User Info Menu

Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Where are you located?
    dc area

User Info Menu

Few more options

D'Aquisto (Aria) DQ-CRE
    Single pickup semi-hollow guitars?-ezgif-com-webp-jpg-1-jpg

Ibanez GB-15
    Single pickup semi-hollow guitars?-ezgif-com-webp-jpg-jpg

Seventy Seven Stork Jazz
    Single pickup semi-hollow guitars?-screen-shot-2020-01-01-9-00-30-pm-jpg

User Info Menu

You can build a tele thinline body with a neck only rout with some seriously cool options for under $500 at Warmoth.