The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 52 of 52

User Info Menu

The Milkman 100 is a great amp, and being a "Pedal" amp. it could be used very well in a "no amp" situation where one is going direct into a PA.

It is a Class D solid state amp with a tube pre-amp (a single 12AX7). To my ears it gets a Fender Twin sound. It has a scooped midrange (with no midrange EQ control) and no "sag" being that there is no tube rectification. The solid state reverb is great and the 15db boost feature is very useful when switching to lead from rhythm.

For those who like a tube amp soundbut do not want to carry the weight or deal with reliability issues of an older tube amp (that's me!), The Milkman is a great choice as is a Quilter. Quilter gives you more features and sound options, Milkman gives you a true tube amp sound (having an actual tube in the circuit gets it closer to the traditional tube amp tone than the all solid state Quilter can achieve).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just remember, Princetons, Deluxes, Vibroluxes etc. also don't have a mid control. You can boost the mid by cutting treble and bass and increasing volume. Sometimes I set things up this way depending on the guitar/band.