The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 77 of 77

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    I had one in the past, with a scorpion speaker - excellent amp. It there's a nuclear apocalipse, all that will be left will be cockroaches and bandit 65s, they are indestructable.
    Yours must be the same as mine - I've got the Scorpion speaker too.
    I've pulled mine apart once to replace the filter caps and was really impressed by how nicely put together it was.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I actually prefer Peaveys that are pre-transtube; I found I didn't' like the later amps as much as the older ones. I mainly play clean...The distortion on the old amps isn't great, I think the transtube amps are better in that regard.

The Bandit was great at my big band gig. I use an acoustic archtop for most of the rhythm parts, but we did a few charts that were a bit more contemporary (a couple Buddy Rich arrangements) which called for an electric sound. It sounded beautiful - big round sounding mid-range, nice tight sounding low end and smooth highs. I had the Junior Barnyard preamp on too, so that adds a bit of compression, but doesn't drastically change the actual tone of the amp.