Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

Does it really sound $90,000 better?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

At the risk of sounding like Will Ferrell in ELF

"I KNOW HIM, I KNOW HIM"

You all have to check out his shop--it's in an abandoned barn.

He let me play one of his cheaper models--they are freaking loud--and he strung them with 10's! Makes me frustrated trying to get a big sound with 14's. The bridge design works, even though I thought it was odd. His guitars sound REALLY pretty acoustically.

I know him because he built me a Frankenbridge... I wonder if he used my design (I thought of it, he built it) on any of his other archies.

Everyone who see's it either loves it or says "what's the point?"

It's basically a thick piece of bone sandwiched between two pieces of ebony. I like it, though I would never spend that type of money on a bridge again... yikes

The guitar is louder, and clearer acoustically. My only problem is--when I plug in my archie to an amp... she sounds muddier than a 4 year old who has just discovered puddles. Once I fix the pickup problem--I'm set.

But yeah, his shop is SOMETHING else. I'll give him credit, he was the only guy who I called who was willing to make my frankenbridge a reality.

guitar workshop - custom guitars, repair, restoration, setups - Schneider Guitars

User Info Menu

Because I generally sort archtops by "High to Low" on Reverb, this builder generally comes up on top, which in my opinion is his what he intended.

User Info Menu

Another example of figured ebony, this one available on a mass production guitar.

0,000+ NEW Archtop - Yikes!-9d229d53-0ac2-4916-8da2-b2c73b7af34a-jpg

And a lot less than $100k

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alder Statesman
    Another example of figured ebony, this one available on a mass production guitar.

If that’s really what they’re calling figured ebony then I’m not seeing it on the 100k guitar and it certainly isn’t rare, at least so far as I know. Isn’t that even cheaper than the all black ebony since it is less in demand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

OK, a very pretty guitar - but I have to say that I don't get it.

Why is it priced higher than a Benedetto Sinfonietta, for example?

User Info Menu

To be fair, he did leave the 'Make an Offer' option active.

User Info Menu

Pretty.

As many have pointed out, its hard to justify the price in light of the alternatives, and at this "price point" its really an investment issue.

Schneider who?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alder Statesman

That is "Striped" Ebony.

User Info Menu

Hopefully the neck will never need resetting. Can’t imagine anyone but the original builder that would want to touch it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    $100K can buy you a house.
    Not in your area - any more!
    Alabama maybe...no way could I survive down there!