The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 104 of 104

User Info Menu

Hi Rob - old post but thought I'd reply. I'm in Scotland as well. I bought a Monarch via Chalmers Guitars in Dundee, I think it was 2009 - Mr Chalmers ordered it for me - took about 10 months to arrive. I don't think he's there any more - would love to know - I think he played cruise ships in the good old days - lovely, lovely man.

Had it ever since and love it. I concur with all of the points you made. No tone control - doesn't matter - the guitar sounds fantastic through everything I've played it through. Acoustically as well. Everybody that hears it and plays it - just falls in love with it - it's a fantastic, reasonably priced instrument.

A few flaws - yes - the nut needs glued in. There were some tool marks on the binding on the neck. But that matters little in the grand scheme of things.

All the best

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ive owned 2 Monarchs, cant say enough good things about them! I have 1 left, it has a 12 pole KA floater (I got from Kent) and an exceptional acoustic sound. Feedback is about the same as my 175. Its light and comfy to play and if your that good...yeah you could sound like Wes. Im about to sell it so if theres any interest please PM me (great price). I never thought I would part with this guitar but I need to finance an expensive project and have no choice. Ill be happy to send pics and take calls to talk about it. Good luck with your hunt.
    Rick

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rickco
    Ive owned 2 Monarchs, cant say enough good things about them! I have 1 left, it has a 12 pole KA floater (I got from Kent) and an exceptional acoustic sound. Feedback is about the same as my 175. Its light and comfy to play and if your that good...yeah you could sound like Wes. Im about to sell it so if theres any interest please PM me (great price). I never thought I would part with this guitar but I need to finance an expensive project and have no choice. Ill be happy to send pics and take calls to talk about it. Good luck with your hunt.
    Rick
    Photos?

User Info Menu

I have several archtops, including Gibsons, L5ces, ES175, and some excellent copies. I also have the Peerless Monarch with the floater, and it's a splendid guitar. I call it my "no drama" guitar because the fret work, the pickup, everything on it "just works." It's a pleasure to play, delivers the tone I want from a solid-top archtop with a floater, and it's also beautiful. It's a lot of guitar for a moderate amount of money.