Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 55 of 55

User Info Menu

I rather like the bird inlays, it's one of the things that makes it a PRS. Never understood the hate for them.

Not EVERYTHING has to be the way it always was (Fender or Gibson only, dots or blocks only, 24.75" or 25.5" only...)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9 View Post
    I rather like the bird inlays, it's one of the things that makes it a PRS. Never understood the hate for them.

Not EVERYTHING has to be the way it always was (Fender or Gibson only, dots or blocks only, 24.75" or 25.5" only...)
    What Is the Definition of Non-Objective Art?

I understand why people like them, but they don't make sense to me. No harm. I will never own a PRS. I have what I need.

P.S. It is the same reason I don't like f-holes on Tele body shapes. I can deal with a cat's eye though, but I will never have one of those either.

User Info Menu

The PRS sounds good, to me. I would play one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A. View Post
    I don't think the chambering really affected the sound, but the extra frets did. The bridge pup sounded great -- just like you'd want/expect a LP to sound. But the neck pup did not have that rich, flute-y sound that LP's typically have. I've played other chambered LP's that sound great, e.g. a friend's LP supreme (which had the same 490R/498T pups as mine) sounds fantastic. I've also not noticed neck dive on the other LP's I've played, especially not the heavier ones.
    I wonder why that is... how far is the neck pickup from the bridge? When I added the pickup to my 5th Avenue, I put it the same distance from the bridge as the 5th fret is from the nut because I wanted to capture the harmonic overtones to have the ability to keep it more acoustic sounding if I chose. I moved it around before securing it to the pickguard but it sounded best there. I wonder how much the magnetic field of the bridge pickup affects the tone. Some people swear they could hear the difference between a LP Jr and the Special, but I can’t.
    Redeemed, Husband, Father, Veteran. Thankful for all four!

I play a customized Godin 5th Avenue, Córdoba GK Studio, and a Hamer Korina. I also play a Kala uBass on occasion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zcostilla View Post
    ...I wonder how much the magnetic field of the bridge pickup affects the tone...
    I have Kinman pickups on my Jazzmaster. They are advertised for their low magnetic pull. I don't know anything for sure but the guitar plays like buttah (and it sounds good, too.)