The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Why, TWO Campellone 16" archtops!

Silly rabbit!
    Last edited by Hammertone; 05-05-2019 at 04:43 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

In this case, Two "Standard Custom" models built within a couple of years of each other. Remarkably different instruments, as requested by the fine folks who originally ordered them. Both are "Standard Custom" models, but one was built specifically to be very acoustic, the other to be very electric. Cool beans all around. One's a permanent resident, the other is just visiting.

User Info Menu

Well, they certainly look inviting!

User Info Menu

That they do.

User Info Menu

I attached a couple pictures of a blonde 16” Special that I had the chance to bring home to play and photograph. I wanted to buy it, but another purchaser beat me to it. I wish I had moved a little faster on this one. It was amazing and beautiful.
    Keith
    What's better than a Campellone 16" archtop?-540b6617-d0ab-4f0e-a332-716d824eec3f-jpgWhat's better than a Campellone 16" archtop?-03c8f90c-8d5f-480c-80fa-7ad58078c0b4-jpg

User Info Menu

The color of those Campellones look eerily familiar.
    What's better than a Campellone 16" archtop?-9975c514-158e-4162-813d-87dff2585fe3-jpg
    The Campys look like they were pigmented with a nice Barolo whereas the Heritage was pigmented with more of an aged wine like an aged Sangiovese.
    Never the less, Mr Campellones spraying is incredibly uniform and consistent. Man, he makes an incredibly beautiful guitar.
    JD

User Info Menu

Mark does batches of 6. Order one at the end of a batch and you will have it in 4 months.

User Info Menu

Note on Campellone’s that the fingerboard thickness is the same at the 1st and the 20th unlike most Gibson’s where from the 12-20th the fretboard is usually shaved thinner.

User Info Menu

Could anyone comment on how the 16” sounds compared to a Campellone 17”?
    Last edited by woollyhair; 05-06-2019 at 12:04 AM.

User Info Menu

If they are both configured the same way, the 17" will have more bass response, and sound warmer and bigger than the 16" - hardly a surprise.

User Info Menu

Thanks! The 17s do sound nice indeed. I was curious about its baby brother.

User Info Menu

My 16" Campellone is a superb acoustic archtop guitar. It simply has a smaller voice than my 17" Campellone acoustic archtop. The original owner specifically requested that it have as much acoustic character as possible. It shows the same evenness of sound and tone across and along the fretboard as its larger sibling.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 02-06-2021 at 05:25 PM.

I like the no nonsense specs of the standards, but that headstock inlay mirroring the design of the tailpiece on the special is like...whole ‘nutha level.

User Info Menu

I think I'll take the one on the right!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by max52
    I think I'll take the one on the right!
    Having the two here for awhile was a bit of fun.
    Many small differences based on the requests of the original buyer, but these are real fraternal twins:

Last edited by Hammertone; 09-27-2022 at 03:46 AM.