The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16
    Thanks to the good Doctor (MartyGrass) we worked out a trade a while back. I finally got around to setting this up with Chrome 12's, a new bound pickguard and treated the rosewood fretboard. She's back to life. I happen to love Heritage's GoldTop finish (I also have an H150 and H170 Chambered in GOLD).

Was playing this through a LunchBox Jr. amp today and Wow.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage H576 (one better than a Heritage H575)-576_1-jpg Heritage H576 (one better than a Heritage H575)-576_2-jpg Heritage H576 (one better than a Heritage H575)-576_4-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Holy crap is that cool.

Man, if you could get a cream colored pick guard and have someone emboss some kind of gold design on it..

User Info Menu

I approve of this colour combination.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage H576 (one better than a Heritage H575)-jazzicagt_2531-jpg Heritage H576 (one better than a Heritage H575)-jazzicagt_2534-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 04-23-2019 at 05:29 AM.

User Info Menu

Looks very cool. I like the deep cutaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Nice

User Info Menu

I had a 576 years ago. Mine was vintage sunburst. They are very nice guitars. The floating center block makes for a different sound, more like a semi-hollow. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

How are you setting up this guitar?

User Info Menu

Very nice Bob... I had someone offer me a 1954 LP Goldtop one he got from his brother and has had since 1965. That is quite a lovely guitar you have there buddy,,, Hope all your health issues are clearing up.

Big

User Info Menu

Beautiful and big congrats. I love the Heritage Goldtops as well, many were done by Floyd Newton who is highly regarded for his finish work for Gibson and then Heritage. Enjoy that beauty.

User Info Menu

Congrats, nice Heritage and from MartyGrass himself (my Heritage also was groomed by the Doc). How did you condition the rosewood fretboard ?

User Info Menu

Beauty! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Sweet Bob ! Do enjoy. The neck looks comfy.

User Info Menu

Someone mentioned a different pick guard. I love that pick guard and how it matches the sides.

I see Schaller pickup surrounds. Are they Schaller humbuckers? I bet they would go well with that guitar. It really is above and beyond. I might be tempted to try amber knobs

The local set up guy hear near Detroit uses Linseed (sp) oil and a concoction he has developed. This one needed a little more attention than usual so he left it on about 5 minutes before wiping it off. It darkened the color but there was also a little bit of gunk that was able to break loose surrounding the frets. It looked like green oxidation from the nickel frets but it ended up wiping off and some steel wool over the frets and it was as good as new.

I really lucked out on the pickguard. I had originally bought it for another project and it turned out to be too wide. It fit this guitar like it was made for it. I too like the way it pulls in the sides which are very similar in color. The pickguard itself is triple bound red tortouise (sp) shell.

As has been said, the 576 straddles the line between a hollow body and semi hollow body (closer to the hollow body though). For me, I intend to use it like someone might incorporate a Gretsch into their playing style (this guitar is a candidate for a STETSBAR). Glad it came my way as I have always been curious about these. It has stock shallers that sound great. I will probably put a P94 in the neck position down the road. I was pleasantly surprised by this acquisition.

User Info Menu

"New Guitar Day, a Heritage H576 (one better than a Heritage H575)"

I own both of these guitars and the H575 requested that I advise you that it begs to differ.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tonedeaf
    "New Guitar Day, a Heritage H576 (one better than a Heritage H575)"

I own both of these guitars and the H575 requested that I advise you that it begs to differ.

Well, the H575 may be one better if it can talk. Two better if it can teach. Three better if it can sing.

In seriousness, they are two different instruments. The H576 is a bit heavier, has better high fret access, and is more feedback resistant. The H575 has a more traditional archtop sound and is livelier acoustically.

You have done the wise thing in getting one of each.