Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

I prefer overdrive rather than distortion; I like my Sarno "Earth Drive"

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    I prefer overdrive rather than distortion; I like my Sarno "Earth Drive"
    Cool! I think Frisell is using the Earth Drive now. Or, at least I saw a pic of it on his board I think. He tends to change pedals pretty frequently.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisking
    Hmmm.... could you elaborate on this?

In using it, it always seemed like "tone" effects the signal before any dirt is introduced, and "voice" effects the tone of the signal after the dirt. I probably shouldn't have used the word "dry" in my previous post as that implies there is a wet/dry signal.

As I recall (it's been a LONG time) the literature said that a "flat" setting was with the "tone" control fully clockwise (5 o'clock) and the "voice" control fully counter clockwise (7 o'clock).
    Sure. Your observation makes sense, simplified to the bone in simple stages you have:
    input - gain(voice and gain) - tone - volume/output.
    With no gain applied your signal will still pass in the order - voice to gain then next stage (tone), so yes with no gain applied the tone control will still effect your clean/no gain applied signal, but as soon as you add a little gain the tone control will effect the signal that by then has passed both voice and gain.
    The voice control handles the bass content in the gain stage and accordingly also how the gain/clipping responds. I hope that made just a little sense.

User Info Menu

Yes! Thanks you!

User Info Menu

For Zendrive (from the manual):

"2. Gain - Adjusts the amount of gain in the unit. For cleaner settings, rotate counterclockwise. The maximum gain in the pedal is also limited by the Voice knob settings. To set the maximum gain in the pedal, the Voice knob must be rotated fully clockwise.
    3. Voice - “Tunes” the pedal to the amplifier and guitar. The Voice knob performs two functions:
    a. Limits or increases the total amount of gain in the pedal. To limit the gain, rotate counterclockwise. To increase the gain, rotate clockwise.
    b. Adjusts the bottom-end response of the pedal. To increase the bottom-end response, rotate counterclockwise. To reduce the bottom-end, rotate the clockwise. Remember to adjust the Gain knob to compensate for changes in the overall gain of the pedal which occur during the Voice knob adjustment process.
    4. Tone - Performs a basic “high cut” function. With the Tone knob set fully counterclockwise, high frequencies are fully attenuated."