The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

Now I do not think they would do this but frankly I am not joking. If Gibson wants to make good impressions and great guitars I believe they owe the forum here a voice.

I propose they make an L5 Jazz Guitar Forum Special ( L5 JGFS) given we all seem to just find this guitar the killer jazz box. The particular guitar would need to pass quality control standards so that when it left the factory it is completely set to play. No need to do any tweaking beyond setting the action to your personal preference. This means no flaws in the guitar and each one is made to exacting tolerances. Then of course offer any member on the forum a discount of some sorts.

I am actually not joking I think it has merit.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Why would Gibson do this? And do you honestly believe they “owe us a voice”?......C’mon.

It would be nice, but highly unlikely. There's still human intervention in the process, hence, mistakes, either gross or minor are sadly, inevitable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by customxke
    Why would Gibson do this? And do you honestly believe they “owe us a voice”?......C’mon.
    Probably because >95% of the market of people willing to spend 10k on a 21st century Gibson inhabits this forum. I have no stake in that, as I don't belong to that market.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    The particular guitar would need to pass quality control standards so that when it left the factory it is completely set to play. No need to do any tweaking beyond setting the action to your personal preference. This means no flaws in the guitar and each one is made to exacting tolerances.
    Maybe they could do this with all their guitars?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morroben
    Maybe they could do this with all their guitars?
    GASP! You mean... they don't already do that...???

WHOODATHUNKIT?

User Info Menu

My Gibson archtops fit this description. I would like a little flatter neck on a couple of them, but whatever.

User Info Menu

Also they should consider giving extra discount for the forum members who chose their forum names after Gibson models.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Also they should consider giving extra discount for the forum members who chose their forum names after Gibson models.
    Double discount for you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    Double discount for you!
    Oh, you are right. I didn't even notice. What a coincidence! I was only saying it because I was trying to help. Because that's just me. Selfless helper.

User Info Menu

I wear jeans. I assume others here do as well. I think that Gibson should have just signed over the company to the members of this forum.

For the right price I would be glad to go in and help them in final setups.

User Info Menu

In my view, ANY guitar with Gibson on the headstock should pass QC/QA with flying colors, exacting tolerances, and completely set to play with action height to be determined by the end user. Of course, an L-5 is a more costly guitar than a Les Paul Junior. Both should pass muster without question on all points mentioned.

User Info Menu

Sounds good. Make mine a laminate top, florentine cutaway, trim that butt down to 16", let's do a mahogany neck, and let's do a rosewood board with split parallelogram inlays. Yeah....my kind of L5.

User Info Menu

As long as we’re making arbitrary requests to no one, I’ll take a real L5. No, not the thing with the pickup.

User Info Menu

OK then I want an 18 inch L5.

User Info Menu

How about a noncut, acoustic, 16 inch, dot neck L-5 that actually sounds like the real thing?

User Info Menu

If they make a Woody Sound artist model, I will let them off by declining any offer of royalties.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Haa, I am one of those! I had an ES165 ’Herb Ellis’ w/ a floater when I joined. Started to listen his music a lot later. And sold the guitar to get an ES175 VOS 1PU.

I prefer the 24,75” scale, so I might just stay with my ES175.

User Info Menu

I want a "Studio" thinline L5, dot neck is OK, but PIO caps !

User Info Menu

I'd like an L5 with a tele body and tele neck