The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 74 of 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred98
    Jzucker?
    It will be an optional model folks will be able to order in addition to the standard exrubato

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So, is this a one-off custom order with request for a slimmer neck and "as light as possible" or a actual signature model/prototype intended for production?

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    It will be an optional model folks will be able to order in addition to the standard exrubato

Cool, so its a Exrubato STD, selected body light as possible with a "shaved" neck custom order, not a actual "model" we can readily order unless specifically asked for if willing to accept the build time for a custom order.

Nice to know they (77) do stuff like that, ive been eyeing the Exrubato jazz but a bit concerned about the supposedly beefier necks. The STD with this 30/60 style neck, a trapeze tp instead of stopbar would def be a contender. Ill ask them.

Thanks alot. Enjoy it.

User Info Menu

A slightly thinner neck that does not affect Tone would be a cool option .

None of the modern Gibsons (I have tried out ) are too large for my small hands [ hate the shaved down frets on Gibsons - hopefully they fixed that ] - but larger than that on a possible Seventy Seven makes me wonder.

Cool, so its a Exrubato STD, selected body light as possible with a "shaved" neck custom order, not a actual "model" we can readily order unless specifically asked for if willing to accept the build time for a custom order.

Nice to know they (77) do stuff like that, ive been eyeing the Exrubato jazz but a bit concerned about the supposedly beefier necks. The STD with this 30/60 style neck, a trapeze tp instead of stopbar would def be a contender. Ill ask them.

Thanks alot. Enjoy it.
    Yes, i considered ordering the spruce top with trapeze tailpiece but I like the thump of the maple top better and because I want to use the guitar for overdriven tones too, I opted for the maple and stop-tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa
    A slightly thinner neck that does not affect Tone would be a cool option .

None of the modern Gibsons (I have tried out ) are too large for my small hands [ hate the shaved down frets on Gibsons - hopefully they fixed that ] - but larger than that on a possible Seventy Seven makes me wonder.
    The neck on this is about like the neck Gibson was using in 2017 with some of the blowout instruments I tried. I don't want to start a flame war but this blows away the 3 gibson 335s and 339 that I bought and returned in 2017...

The thing I really like about 77 is that they get it right. I have owned 6 or 7 of them and every single one was a winner whereas I feel like with Gibson, they can make a great guitar but you have to try a bunch of them to find a good one.

User Info Menu

Funny that guitar makers need to be told to make their guitars well balanced, but they do.

User Info Menu

Congrats Jack.

User Info Menu

Great clean and overdriven tones in your demos. What pickups are they using? Proprietary or something else?

thanks, they use their own pickups which are alnico ii humbuckers, medium output. They are actually my favorite humbuckers of anything I've ever tried including the super expensive boutique ones. On the albatross, I was getting a little bit of single coil style zing with both pickups engaged. I don't hear that so much on this instrument though in general, it's a darker sounding guitar.

User Info Menu

The guitar sounds great, Jack.

User Info Menu

I know this is supposed to be about the guitar, but holy cannoli, Jack... some ridiculous playing! Looks effortless.

Any plans to revive the old SOS study group thread(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    I know this is supposed to be about the guitar, but holy cannoli, Jack... some ridiculous playing! Looks effortless.

Any plans to revive the old SOS study group thread(s)?
    sounds like fun. I'm still sick as a dog. As soon as I get out from under this virus, i'll revive that. I wonder what folks would think about doing it on my facebook group modern jazz guitar or would people rather do it here?

User Info Menu

Very good sound...not so electric like es-335.
    Really jazz sound!!!
    Best
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Very good sound...not so electric like es-335.
    Really jazz sound!!!
    Best
    Kris
    Yeah, it's definitely got a 335 vibe to it. I can channel Adam Rogers with it but it's also got more of a jazz box vibe to it than a 335...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    sounds like fun. I'm still sick as a dog. As soon as I get out from under this virus, i'll revive that. I wonder what folks would think about doing it on my facebook group modern jazz guitar or would people rather do it here?
    There have been some new faces (so to speak) since then, so I'm sure you'd get other interested parties as well.

I'd personally rather do it here; I'm not really a facebooker...

User Info Menu

I really like the sounds coming out of it, Jack. There's a woodiness and airiness that's very appealing.

And the quality of the playing...

Hoping to add a semi this year, and as a fellow spinal fusion recipient, anything coming in under 7lb will definitely be on the radar.

thanks brother, much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Jack, I think you are going to help Quilter's sales of the OD200. Sounds great for Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Jack, I think you are going to help Quilter's sales of the OD200. Sounds great for Jazz.
    Yeah, I just got the footswitch for the amp too so I'm anxious to hear the "lead" channel for fusion.

User Info Menu

I am resurrecting this thread as there is the same guitar for sale now. No affiliation. Just always like the concept of a ES-335 model. Owned several Gibson and Epiphone models in the past. Sold them because of build and tonal quality issues. Now this builder of handmade Japanese ES-335 style guitar at brand new prices lower than used Gibson prices. No brainer.

User Info Menu

And where is the sale going on?

User Info Menu

Is Seventy Seven taking orders for this model? Sounds great and checks a lot of boxes for me