The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Ah, true! Although I no longer have the guitar that had the Manhattan and replaced the Stormy Monday with a SD APH-2, only because the Stormy Monday produced a peak in the 150hz that I always had to dial out with a low-cut filter... I think it was just a casa of being a bag combo on my archtop, other than that it sounded very good. I have to eq the APH-2 more, but it doesn't have that 150hz peak and that makes my life easier, no need to put the bass on zero on all amps

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

In case you didn't already know, the Mambo amps should have a mute switch - meaning that if you have the smaller version, you can use it with the built in speaker as standard. And if you ever want to connect to a larger speaker cab, you can just mute the internal speaker and connect to the external cab. So maybe the best of both worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeReinhart
    In case you didn't already know, the Mambo amps should have a mute switch - meaning that if you have the smaller version, you can use it with the built in speaker as standard. And if you ever want to connect to a larger speaker cab, you can just mute the internal speaker and connect to the external cab. So maybe the best of both worlds?
    Apologies - I just saw this. Thanks for this. Excellent point and definitely the best of both worlds. I am ever so tempted to by a 10" cab from Jon at some point in the future. Thanks, also, for your input to my decision.